PDA

View Full Version : 6DOF Robot Made in India

akb1980
09-09-2009, 07:44 PM
We just completed this robot and still working to improve the movements. Please send in your suggestions and feedback!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AGnSuOZc50

We will integrate vision and other stuff with it soon and will be posting new vids soon!

Thanks a lot
Cheers

impet14
09-09-2009, 08:38 PM
how do u control the motors?

akb1980
09-09-2009, 10:38 PM
There are 3 different levels of control

at the top level we give a desired cartesian (x,y,z, roll, pitch, yaw) velocity
this gets converted to joint velocities using inverse jacobians (matrix stuff) and this in turn is controlled using a PID to control the motors

debu
09-09-2009, 11:01 PM
@akb1980: Beautiful! I noticed the excellent use of IK too. One of the better implementations I have seen in a long time. Those look like AC servos to me, what PLC are you using with them? Also are you using some kind of Robotic Arm IP (Siemens or Fanuc or something?)

Regards,

Debu :)

asimov_18
09-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Beautiful and elegant!!!!!

asimov

vikas
09-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Sweet , What a delight to something good which is indigenous.

akb1980
09-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the encouragement guys...

we are not using any PLC -- this is controlled using a standard desktop pc (yes with windows) and c++. we use open source libs like roboop & boost and modify them with our own implementations of IK and Trajectory control.

The motors are DC Servos.....

Do add your feedback and suggestions on how to improve this!

Cheers

akshay66
09-10-2009, 03:32 PM
good one!!!

ice
09-10-2009, 06:47 PM
That is so sweet. Good work.

You should have a webpage or put a rundown of the specs in the youtube page.

docel
09-12-2009, 04:16 AM
Nice work!! Congrats!!! :roll:
Though-
- the joints need a lot more strength to prevent stress creepage.
- Needs better start - stop control. The control at the moment will break the motors soon. ( jerks !!)
The way I look at it , you have anywhere from .5mm to 2mm error in the system. With a load of 1.5 Kg, it will be more. The best way to check is to load the gripper with a felt pen and write on paper....

For heavens sake, stop using sheet metal for Industrial purposes! It will defeat the very purpose of the Pick n Place. I do hope you have some casting in the forge- light weight does not guarantee precision in a 6DoF.

There are industrial standards for these things. You will have to adhere to them quite closely if you want a positive market. There are many such manufacturers claiming 6DoF but fail to satisfy the Industrial standards. I know atleast 3 such 6DoFs in Bangalore, that havent sold in the market since 10yrs!!

Good Luck!!

a7400
09-12-2009, 10:11 AM
beautiful movements :) good one .. what are the kind of end effectors are you planning to incorporate?

akb1980
09-14-2009, 10:22 AM
@ice / a7400: Thanks for the encouragement guys! Yes we need to put up the specs ... will do it soon. We have deliberately kept a standard flange at the end so that different kinds of ee can be snapped on to it. At the moment we have grippers and some marking devices.
But do shoot in some ideas -- we could really use some!

@docel -- Thanks a tonne for all the advice!

We agree that the control movements -esp at start and stop need better smoothing to remove the jerks

We have tried P2P motions with 1kg payload -- works ok. There ARE errors especially since we do not have a good calibration technique (The industrial ones are too expensive for us now)

The robot is not built for industry at the moment but for research and education where students / researchers can build applications with such systems. At the moment these robots are usually imported and hence have huge costs (also maintenance).

For industry, we will surely need to joints to be more robust. However the chassis is not sheet metal we are using 6mm thick steel plates. They kept well with loads during stress analysis

Do let us know about the industrial standards and the robots which did not make it -- we do not want to be one of them for sure!

Thanks again for the tips! Do keep in touch

Cheers
Abheek

shaily
11-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Hi,
I have once attended the session regarding to robotics,i found interested and i want to do some project regarding to robotics,basically i am from IT field....so any one suggest me if any nice site is there where i can find all information related to robotics.

karthikprasad
03-04-2010, 11:43 AM
amazing and very elegant

akshay66
03-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Really Good!!!

george79
04-24-2014, 02:15 PM
There are 3 different levels of control

at the top level we give a desired cartesian (x,y,z, roll, pitch, yaw) velocity
this gets converted to joint velocities using inverse jacobians (matrix stuff) and this in turn is controlled using a PID to control the motors

Very impressive my friend!