PDA

View Full Version : Effective Communication between 2 bots.

pharaohprateek
10-28-2009, 04:37 PM
hey every1, i have to build two bots who always know their own as well as each others position at any given time. Is there any module that i can use? im looking for rf modules that basically send data given to them by the micro controller to their respective receivers.

i have come accross cc2500 but looking at the data sheet it seems to be very high level (this is my first project:) ). There is also another transmitter called TL434 and its corresponding encoder called HT12E. Plz direct me to a link which tells exaclty how to connect these to the microcontroller and also explains how the data is transmitted.

I just need to send the current x and y co-ordinates of the bot, and the range of co-ordinates varies from 0-8.

siddharth
10-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Hello,

Are you talking about ANTZ @ IIT Bombay in Jan 2010??

If yes then CC2500 suits you need. If you look at the data sheet , at first instance it might look complicated to interface but its not that tough if you through with uc programming ,SPI etc.

The best thing is now CC2500 is available with USART interface, check the site of Robosoft systems/thinkslabs they have good products and support resources.

:lol:

robodam
11-01-2009, 06:22 PM
you must visit some tutorials of cc2500 before taking it on hand..
I also have its datasheet but it's of no use regarding to the way you want to use it.