PDA

View Full Version : project using aopamp

bondranga
11-28-2009, 06:57 AM
hi,

am a 3rd year ee student. i would like to do a project using opamp and other electronic components, but the funda is, without using microcontroller. so pls suggest me some intresting projects.

thnx in advance.

- ranga

avinash_g
11-28-2009, 08:39 AM
Go pick up a book that was written in early 70's

Their are a lot of them sold by EFY named "Electronics Project" (Many Volumes)

Now a days usefull and feasible projects can't be done without a uC.

Nivedita
11-28-2009, 01:11 PM
am a 3rd year ee student. i would like to do a project using opamp and other electronic components

Whole world is reading this forum. Are Indian students at such a primary stage?

The op-amp is toy to be played in 7th to 10th standard in the school.
In 3rd year, it has to be processor.

samurai_01
11-28-2009, 01:50 PM
itoo am in 3rd year and can understand what you must be going through.
lets begin with a simple circuit of a line follower without microcontroller.
Its an interesting and challenging proj and give it a try.
how will you do it?
download the book called:bibinjohn "my experiences in autonomous robotics" and everything is given there.
google the name and also join the yahoo group.. it would give you a good start.

allbits
11-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Whole world is reading this forum. Are Indian students at such a primary stage?

The op-amp is toy to be played in 7th to 10th standard in the school.
In 3rd year, it has to be processor.

Thngs have changed a lot, and there are some beautiful analog components avaliable these days, unlike the old times when there was only one 741. Sadly, the state of affairs have also changed, that everyone thinks life cannot go on without a microcontroller/processor. THigs are that bad that eople use a micro for a clock generator, when that can be done below rs 10 by using a 555.

There is nothing like having the knowledge of using a processor/controller is far superior than the knowledge of using analog components. In fact, it is possible for every tom dick and Harry to program a micro, while a very few of them can actually design a good, simple non inverting amp. It requires a great knowledge of the basics in electronics, to design a good circuit without a micro. And anyone who can do this, can come up with a far better design with a micro.

browse www.analog.com , go through their product list, and browse their app notes.

http://www.analog.com/en/verifiedcircuits/index.html
Use this as a reference to your designs.

Try making a robot which will detect a ball of particular colour.. you might need some logic components along with the analog stuff. Yes, the final circuit WILL be bigger in size when compared to onw which uses a micro, but then, engg. projects are about learning, and by the time you make this, you will have a better understanding of the basics.

@nivedita:

Yes, indian students are at a very primary stage. thats why every one comes up with workshops and online shops, and ripp them off.

akshay66
11-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Good one 8) 8) 8)

Regards Akshay,

avinash_g
11-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Every field of engineering(or Art) is Special in its own. You just can't say every Tom, Dick and Harry can program a microcontroller. While they can't do Analog.

Their are Tom Dick and Harry in every field. So they can BADLY program a uC and as BADLY they can copy a Analog Circuit.

Programming is also a great art (so is Analog Design). I did't like you downgrading the status of "Programming" that BABLY in public!

A great product is only the sum total of many field of engineering and Art.

Also I see you very worried about the online shops. Please see the positive part of them also. Once Indian Developers get all the good things easily (not necessarily cheap) they would develop their skill more.

I find them very useful even if some try to make more profit. I lived in a 2nd tier city where I couldn't find many components. I remember I order many things from them. I thought they were doing great job.

I even remember once I ordered some Micros from Deccan Robots and In the first place I liked their service. Coz in those day if I can get a Micro at any cost was still overall CHEAP for me.

Ya but I agree you with in the other point, that is the workshops. They are cheating the students badly. An student should take a little difficult path of SEARCHING the knowledge. They can research and experiment on their own in place of looking for a SPOONFEEDERs. After all they are Engineers of India can't they make a Line Followers by themselves???

So cheerup !!! :D

allbits
11-29-2009, 10:52 PM
@avinash :

I do not have any intentions to drag this thread into another direction - but still !!

I did not mention anywhere in my post that programming is bad !!! But I didnt agree with two posts saying good projects cannot be done without UCs, and another post saying analog is for high school kids.

I did not point out any particular vendor or workshop, i meant vendors who rip/cheat people. If you think i meant one particular guy/vendor, thats your thought, and I am not responsible for that.