PDA

View Full Version : development board and programmer

jeetbuz
12-28-2009, 01:12 AM
can smebdy tell me the difference b/w development and programming board:confused::o

i am 4th sem ice student:), please tell ne about the best embedded institute in delhi

docel
12-28-2009, 01:49 AM
Development boards have all the peripheral components that can be used for a verywide range of applications. For example, the board fro Robotics will contain the main microprocessor, memory, drivers for input / output, Motor drivers like L293, inputs for sensors etc., It is a complete development system used to simply plug in to a PC for upload/ download of programs and control some. It usually comes with a built in programmer hardware, connecting to different I/O ports of the PC The board may or may not be usable with a PC and can be stand-alone..

Programming board is just a Device programmer, without any useful I/o ports for applications.

The best Embedded institute is your home and self-learning.

vikas
12-28-2009, 05:00 AM
You dont need any embedded institute , Just see which uC you want to work on , buy it and then build it on it. Its that simple.

Its quite simple nothing complicated.

jeetbuz
12-28-2009, 11:11 PM
thnx for the reply comrade:D

i need to buy a programmer to start a project ,right??:confused:
building a line follower project with at89s52 microcontroller and H-bridge . i have all the stuff except the programmer, which one shld i buy and where will i get the best deal.