PDA

View Full Version : rf remote

jeetbuz
12-29-2009, 03:56 PM
i want to make a rf remote for my bot (for robowar) to control 2 motor (differential drive) and two weapons:cool:
which transmitter/receiver should i use :o
i currently hav tx433-rx433 and ht12d/e will they do job

which is better to control motor relays or h-bridge:confused:

true or false:
suppose i need to increase the no. of weapons than i need to change the encoder decoder, not the transmitter rite ??

docel
12-29-2009, 05:40 PM
1. You cannot trust those TxRx pair for Robowars!!
They will fail to control the robot successfully due to interference and other noise in the arena.
You will need a professional RC Remote if you value your Robot and have a decent control in the arena. This means expensive equipment. The Robowars 2009 had very little RC controlled robots as the "cheap & simple' solutions never worked reliably.
While the 'wired control' solution seems to be the choice of everyone due to simplicity and cost, it fails to be technically charming. Well, this is Engineering isn't it...to make something move with a Wireless control, without ugly wires trailing across the arena.....
What is so 'robotics' with a wired vehicle?
Robowars (IITB) is expensive and involves a minimum 50k budget, if you want to get beyond the elimination round. There is no cutting corners here, so please stop thinking 'cheap & simple' and get a good professional RC remote System with speed control. (Good meaning >12k)

If you try to ON-OFF control a 40kg robot, more often than not you'll burn the drivers or burn the motor, apart from reducing the Gear Wheels into just Wheels !!

2. Try just ONE weapon first !! They are not as simple as they sound.
You can think of the second after you have optimized the first weapon system.
Weapons call for special motors with huge torques. Besides, you have to make a lot of mechanical stuff to get them working. The first ever problem will be how to attach anything to a given motor shaft....

Robowars have 2 classes- 40Kg & 7Kg. Both are equally challenging mechanically. There is a lot of engineering involved, so do the mechanics first, get them working flawlessly and then think of controlling them. I suggest a 4channel programmable 2.4Ghz Futaba RC system or stick to the stupid 'wired' idea.... Dont go cheap with the Remote!!

Good Luck !!

vikas
12-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Look at robowars videos , You just need one weapon and use it well.
Check rx/tx will not work its that simple.
Like docel said invest in a good RC system , 4 channel is good enough for you.

You also need high torque motors and a compatible hbridge ( normal solution wont cut it ) , Or stick to relays.

Basically u need good cash flow to even qualify.

jeetbuz
12-29-2009, 07:26 PM
thnx for the reply

will keep tht in mind;)