PDA

View Full Version : help me guys......

nileshmehta
01-13-2010, 05:51 PM
:confused: hey hi all.i am doing B.Sc(I.T) and i m in 2nd yr.i want to do robitics enginerring so please any 1 can help me out where are the colleges n can i do robitics eng.???also tell me if there are any entrance exams is to be given ???if yes then wat is tat??plz help me.

docel
01-16-2010, 12:56 AM
There are NO courses for Robotics as such. Its like saying " I want to do Engineering" which is actually a general term consiusting of many different Engineering streams.
Robotics has suddenly become the in-thing now, and we have it as a BE subject. It is SO boring & full of useless stuff that one gets the notion : Is this Engineering ? Maths?? Physics???
Anyone pursuing pure robotics will certainly suffer a lot, unless the Academicians open their eyes to some very basic ground facts.... that robotics is NOT a subject or Topic but a science.

I have seen students do a wrong Google and land up with nothing for a career in Robotics. It is simply because Robotics actually comes under Mechanical Engineering &/OR Computer Science/ Computer applications & Information Science. This may look funny, but is true.
1. The Syllabii for robotics is an admixture of Mathematical Physics, Mechatronics & Programming.
2. The true robotics applications or Applied robotics are Intelligent systems, Autonomous Systems, AI, Mechatronics, Automation.....
3. These Robotics programs invariably ask for credits from Mechanical engineering & Physics with or without Electronics.... along with Programming & software knowledge....dunno why....!
so it is best to ignore Robotics as a major subject / stream and concentrate on varied knowledge of Engineering streams during UG and Degree, before attempting for the magical course in Robotics.
There is a weird combo of students in these courses: the Programming is done by Electronics guys, The mechanics are managed by them too, although a fair portion of the students are Mechanical engineers. The all important Systems & Embedded Programming is seldom done by CS/IS grads who never get into Robotics at all !!

I'm not joking here....ask any PG from Universities abroad !

A simple approach to Robotics as a Subject is best summarized in this PDF (http://fie-conference.org/fie97/papers/1111.pdf).

Due to the multidisciplinary nature of Robotics, there is very little chance of a Graduate program. It is almost always a Masters & Doctoral program abroad. Most of the scope is a confused state of affairs at the moment. It may take some time before the Industry and the Academia sort out things together.

Good Luck !!!

nileshmehta
01-18-2010, 07:55 PM
Thanks dude. but can u say me then which course will suit me as i am not interested in programming .but i want to make a carrer in I.T

docel
01-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Thanks dude. but can u say me then which course will suit me as i am not interested in programming .but i want to make a carrer in I.T

No programming IT career???
Well...well....... !

http://www.roboticsindia.com/showthread.php/3147-The-best-resources?p=15818&viewfull=1#post15818

akshay66
01-18-2010, 09:53 PM
These days IT is getting popular but can anybody tell me is it actually??I have zero knowledge about IT.I'm only 14 (about to be 15)...

Regards Akshay,