PDA

View Full Version : Robosoft Systems Free Biee Hours

faizzy
01-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Hi guyzzz...

Did u know that Robosoft Systems is conducting a free day..... where a student can purchase Rs 500/- worth Robotics components free...

Check it out on there site www.robosoftsystems.co.in

vikas
01-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Inspired from sparkfun i see ... 5 lakh worth of freebies.

But sadly Rs 500 dosent buy much .. other than 2 motors or some cheap sensor/IC , On Sparkfun you can buy a full robot under 100 USD which is like RS 4500.

Maybe they should make it Rs 2000 till five lakh is reached , then ill be excited. Agreed that less people will get it but those who get it will have something worthwhile :).

faizzy
01-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Viaks u have a point yar..... the though of the same thing.... but then i guess Robosoft Systems is not as big as spark fun.....
i dnt mind Rs 500/- discount on a kit or few components....

sanky84
01-21-2010, 06:15 PM
Hey, is that true??? wow... wud definitely check it out... thanks for sharing :-)

-Cheers.

vikas
01-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Anyhow thats whole new thing , maybe ill do some free promotion for then in feb , so that they get a lot of traffic :) .

avinash_g
01-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Inspired from sparkfun i see ... 5 lakh worth of freebies.

But sadly Rs 500 dosent buy much .. other than 2 motors or some cheap sensor/IC , On Sparkfun you can buy a full robot under 100 USD which is like RS 4500.

Maybe they should make it Rs 2000 till five lakh is reached , then ill be excited. Agreed that less people will get it but those who get it will have something worthwhile .

@Vikas,

the comparison is not justified. Thats America this is India!

You didn't mentioned that they sold LEDs @ Rs 16 !!!

and also a Micro switch @ Rs 16

They both cost less that a rupee here

I appreciate Faizzys job! :)

RobosoftSystem
01-22-2010, 11:08 AM
thankzzz Avinash... :) :)

vikas
01-22-2010, 12:23 PM
What i meant that they are giving freebies of Rs 5 lakh ... according to their site , So let people have Rs 2000 worth of them , only 250 people will have it rather than 1000 , but itll be worthwhile. They are selling some good stuff , but all is above Rs 500 ... most can get led's and geared motors locally ... people are interested in buying what they cant get locally.

But what they are doing is good anyday :) , itll be a great new chapter in Indian Robotics Atleast :).

avinash_g
01-22-2010, 12:43 PM
But this catch is not fair

Payment mode by credit card only. If you don’t have one, then beg, borrow or steal but keep one on you on Free Day!

vikas
01-22-2010, 12:52 PM
But this catch is not fair

Hmm , most college people dont have one :|. But as a seller you would also understand , CC is instant payment and much safer than net banking / check being used to send the money later on.

I have one so im not worried ;) .... he he.

faizzy
01-22-2010, 03:46 PM
hey guyzz...evn i m borrowing my dads CC so no wrry 4 me 2..... :P

faizzy
01-22-2010, 03:50 PM
@Vikas,

the comparison is not justified. Thats America this is India!

You didn't mentioned that they sold LEDs @ Rs 16 !!!

and also a Micro switch @ Rs 16

They both cost less that a rupee here

I appreciate Faizzys job! :)

thank you so mch.....i

virgo
01-26-2010, 01:54 AM
What i meant that they are giving freebies of Rs 5 lakh ... according to their site , So let people have Rs 2000 worth of them , only 250 people will have it rather than 1000 , but itll be worthwhile. They are selling some good stuff , but all is above Rs 500 ... most can get led's and geared motors locally ... people are interested in buying what they cant get locally.

But what they are doing is good anyday :) , itll be a great new chapter in Indian Robotics Atleast :).

i just read the rules at their site and they say

There is no minimum or maximum purchase limit. You can buy for more than Rs 500/- too, the balance will be charged.

so if you buy something worth 700 Rs then you will have to pay 200 Rs + shipping from you pocket.

docel
01-27-2010, 05:18 AM
....you mean someone is foolish enough to give away things FREE????
With out seeing the Ad or anything in detail, the idea I get is that 250 'buyers' get Rs. 500/- free - as in charity....
Now, why should anyone give anything free??
...sorry for the cold water, but this is something that beats me all the time. You are either in Business or you are in Charity.
Not both. A news paper Ad costs thousands. The sachins & dhonis charge 1 crore /sec; the TV charges god knows how much.
So, who pays for that Ad??
...reminds me of the old MAD Mag ads:
"Buy Socks- get Boots - free ! *

*Price= $200/-

avinash_g
01-27-2010, 10:51 AM
If a hobby shop can give away 5 lakh in a day then they must be earning millions. Sounds bit IMPOSSIBLE!

May be true for Sparkfun in USA. But I can't belive such profits in India.

Also Faizzy why you want to buy from your own store?????????????

I know you are the one behind Robosoft !!!

vikas
01-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Anyone can give away 5 lakh here in India :) , who's to keep track . Haven't you seen so many competitions / lucky draw's on TV ... still dont know anyone winning anything with no string attached.

Anyhow ill still stick with Rs 500 is nothing ... make it alteast Rs 2000 even if it is for 250 people. Also 95% people will not own a CC ...

@docel - sometime people do such stuff, look at sparkfun ... though you have to pay shipping or collect locally. It mainly getting new traffic tactic ... no charity.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/sparkfun.com ( see the spike for free day )

For Robosoft also its getting new leads, due to its late entry in the Educational Robotics Market. They have good stuff but bad SEO , unlike robokits india ... normal stuff with good SEO .

saptrix
02-03-2010, 02:03 PM
@Docel: Nice point...no1 is really doing charity...nor was sparkfun doing it wen they gave away 10% of a million away....have u hrd of a mktg campaign?? Even though its bizness...wats wrong..ours is a capitalist free society after all..

@Vikas...it will be interesting how transparent they are though...and wen it comes to Rs 500...i agree with the guy on 1st page...components are pretty much covered...i wish they had done something for the kits though...

faizzy
02-03-2010, 02:04 PM
If a hobby shop can give away 5 lakh in a day then they must be earning millions. Sounds bit IMPOSSIBLE!

May be true for Sparkfun in USA. But I can't belive such profits in India.

Also Faizzy why you want to buy from your own store?????????????

I know you are the one behind Robosoft !!!

probably you should be a part of it to witness it.....

fahad
02-04-2010, 12:10 AM
avinash_g;16287] If a hobby shop can give away 5 lakh in a day then they must be earning millions. Sounds bit IMPOSSIBLE!
May be true for Sparkfun in USA. But I can't belive such profits in India.[/QUOTE]

india is growing faster than usa ..... n we were least hit by the recession ......
in a population like this y cant a company make profits in millions if other can do in India

there is an opportunity 1st time in India of shopping robotics stuff worth 500 bucks or get 500 bucks discount on any thing if total is above 500....

may be this time is 500 bucks ... if the response is good next year it may be more,,, n will be a yearly activity before the major technical festivals in India

rao
02-04-2010, 12:50 PM
OK, so there is a freebie day at robosoft and that's awesome. Let us refrain from taking this pointless discussion further and just hope their servers can handle the rush.

faizzy
02-05-2010, 09:51 PM
OK, so there is a freebie day at robosoft and that's awesome. Let us refrain from taking this pointless discussion further and just hope their servers can handle the rush.

Lets keep our fingers cross....:cool:

RobosoftSystem
02-06-2010, 10:28 AM
The Free Day has begun....... We just received 81 orders in an hour.....its a big hit.....Rush now n get ur robots in gear...

vikas
02-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Ive Ordered too ...

saptrix
02-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Salut Vikas...I ordered too...they gave a disc on kits...thank god...can we order again i wonder(need a few sensors :P )??

neways cheers..

fahad
02-06-2010, 11:23 AM
free day is going good soo far no glitches on the site :)

Rishabh Jain
02-07-2010, 01:00 AM
hi friends

but i think We can get same products in much cheaper rate in less than its half rate
near your retailer shop really try that ............

akshay66
02-08-2010, 04:55 PM
I don't think so!! Although we are actually getiing Rs 200 off.They give 500 discount & cost 300 for shipping.The profit is only 200. But still you wont get it at its half the price.

avinash_g
02-08-2010, 05:26 PM
shipping of Rs 300 is too high!

akshay66
02-08-2010, 06:37 PM
I know!! The least was 300/- .

avinash_g
02-08-2010, 07:40 PM
So that was the trick behind whole of that buzz.
:(

fahad
02-08-2010, 07:50 PM
the cost of shipping is 200
u can check the website..
it was always 200 even before free day....

avinash_g
02-08-2010, 07:56 PM
We charge Rs. 97 for shipping a basic 500gm package. And in that price we use high quality and reusable Plastic Boxes for shipping! Plus some small free gift every time :) ask any of our customers :)

http://shop.eXtremeElectronics.co.in/

:)

fahad
02-08-2010, 08:04 PM
-deleted by admin-

vikas
02-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Yes Shipping is expensive , anything over 100 bucks is over charging. I hope i get my stuff tomm ... it was airmail after all !!!

As for avinash ... He is actually giving back to the community :) ... contributing great stuff for a matter of fact, Which is unlike so many other Big Indian robot shops ... who dont do anything .

rao
02-08-2010, 09:12 PM
a pretty sad site n very poor photographs

Ok Fahad,

Consider this a warning. Avinash has been a contributing member to the forums unlike you.
If you have issues with anything he said, you can reply back. But if you try to create flame wars on the
forum using childish tactics like dissing website designs, you will be banned from the forums with all your existing posts..

As far as I know, it is the quality of the product sold from the shop that matters and not how the shop looks.

Hope you get the message.

Rao

akshay66
02-08-2010, 09:14 PM
The site is fine although it has less products but i think he'll improve (no.of products).I think we must appretiate his efforts the shipping is cheap & the products too!!

Regards Akshay,

Rishabh Jain
02-13-2010, 02:05 PM
In respect of wat written on website about the price and wat i got from ma physical world i thread it here for example digital multimeter which posted at the cost of 150 - 160 i got it in 120 rupees so i thought to share ma experience wid u al

akshay66
02-13-2010, 02:16 PM
I got one for 85/-.....I agree somethings are overcharged but not all.

Robosoft Systems
02-14-2010, 01:13 AM
Hi all,

Quite an interesting thread was generated here. We like to thank you all for supporting us in the Free Day initiative. It was quite an experience for us and it concluded satisfactorily.

We got many kinds of useful feedback through this thread we have noted each of them. We are a young R&D based robotics company and are growing and learning everyday. We have big dreams and big aspirations of making robotics as the next big thing in India.

We would like to clarify one thing though: Our shipping - We charge a minimum of INR 200 as shipping and 90% of orders on free day was charged that. The INR 200 shipping is to be read as Courier Charges + Handling + Packaging + Banking Transaction cost. This is the minimum we can charge and we will not be in a position to comment on any other companies shipping policy.

Thanks again for the support.

Cheers!!
Team Robosoft