PDA

View Full Version : adc resources

G.A.N.E.S.H
01-27-2010, 07:19 PM
Hi,

Can someone please give links to good resources on learning ADC in atmega8 for beginners?

Thanks

P.S. Or is it better to simply use a comparator IC? I'll be using 5 IR and 1 TSOP sensors for my bot.Is there any limitation on the number of sensors (inputs) that i can have if I am using ADC?

MGear
01-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Hello GANESH

Here's a tutorial from AVR Freaks : http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=56429&highlight=adc
I hope that might come handy at beginner level. Also do try browsing their forum, they've got really good stuff there.
All the Best.

Mayukh
01-29-2010, 09:28 AM
Hi,

P.S. Or is it better to simply use a comparator IC? I'll be using 5 IR and 1 TSOP sensors for my bot.Is there any limitation on the number of sensors (inputs) that i can have if I am using ADC?

Keep things simple.. Just use the mega8. About the second part of your question, you have to limit it to 6 sensors i.e. 6 TSOP's. Atmega8 offers 6 ADC channels (pins PC0 - PC5).

Regards,
Mayukh.

maddy_nish
01-29-2010, 11:42 AM
GANESH
Ir sensors, better use a comparator.. because in adc once u set a threshold and to make any changes in the threshold u have to reprogram ur uc.. Even if u use a pot it wouldnt be so effective.. i have faced such problems many times.. For TSOP u can directly connect the output pin to the uc b'coz o/p is digital..