PDA

View Full Version : Micro motors help needed

cheenu
02-24-2005, 10:48 PM
Hi friends,
When i asked my friend to give a suggestion for a motor to be used for driving the robot wheels he suggested to use 'micro motor'. He said his friend is using that motor to control his robot. and also told me that it cost around Rs.350. Can anyone tell what it is and whether it can be used for the robotic wheels.
Thanks a lot,
With warm Regds,
Cheenu...

subot_robot
02-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Hi,
Yes, you can use micromotors in robot. They are usually used in taperecorders. I don't know any other application. i request anyone to give other applications. And they cost less than Rs.100. I bought mabuchi 12volts micromotors for Rs80.
It is a simple dc motor. when u buy taperecorder motor, you will get either cw or ccw motors(cw-clockwise, ccw-counter clock wise). cw motors run in full speed in clockwise direction and around half speed counter clock wise. similarly it applies to ccw motor as well.
they have rpm around 2400. you will have to use gears to reduce speed. may be ur friend bought geared motors. if yes, please let me know about geared motors and where to get them.

subot_robot

devpriya
05-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Even I want to know the place from where I can get geared micromotors ..... do let me know too, if you guys find out some place

taknev13
05-08-2006, 02:33 PM
hey if your wieght of the robot is more than 500gms dont go for a micro motor as it would den draw huge amount of current.

go for geared dc motors which are almost similir in cost.

You can contact ROBONENCE at 080-41526083