PDA

View Full Version : IMU Based Robot Control at Technovanza in VJTI, Mumbai

akb1980
02-08-2010, 04:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hi4IpmDw0c

Take a look at this video where Bharat G, a student of VJTI and member of the SRA Group integrates an IMU based control system to remotely control a real robot manipulator

The application areas of such systems are primarily in controlling robot where the operator is not a robot expert or needs to "show" the robot what to do! In many chemical / nuclear operations, such robots can be used to handle dangerous / delicate materials

The arm of course would work great if it was bolted upside down, but this is a good start!

Please send in your questions, comments and suggestions on how to improve the performance and reliability

cheers
Abheek

akshay66
02-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Good work!!Nice idea & good construction!!

vikas
02-08-2010, 08:17 PM
He he ... nice :) ... i like to see something better though it ...

So you guys using IK for the arm ? or is it just based on feedback only.

Look at this ... 30 mins of aruino coding :) ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD_-YnFZFP8

akb1980
02-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks @akshay66 - we'll keep on improving it

@vikas -- that's really cool! - is Arudino available in India? I feel that the stability and sensitivity should be improved drastically in our case. Plus the mapping needs to be corrected

The robot in the video does not calculate IK but rather each joint is mapped to a particular IMU axis. That way each joint is being controlled. I dont think IK is needed in this case since the configuration (elbow up / down) of the arm must also be maintained as per the human arm

PS: how did u embed the video?

Cheers
Abheek

vikas
02-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Arduino is nothing but a subset of C Programming , on a easy to interface board. Download the IDE and program any ATMega using it.

Also i think a IK system will work out better than current approach. Just have a IMU at the end for proper xyz in 3d space .

Kalman for canceling drift , and IK for mapping. You will have a more responsive and better arm.

akb1980
02-09-2010, 04:18 PM
thanks vikas - we can try this -- i think we will need 2 IMUs - 1 for position and the other for orientation -

jigneshch2003
04-01-2010, 07:04 PM
can any one help to design PCB and program for ATMEL 89c52 i have logic if any one can help me so pls mail me at jigneshch2003@yahoo.com