PDA

View Full Version : need help for modification

pHOeNIx007
02-09-2010, 09:15 PM
actually i have prepared a normal robot (locomotes, and uses an arm for drag and drop ops)..it uses a 12V dc motor with around 60rpms and a good torque..now i'm hoping to use that robot(without the arm) in a race..can you tell me what changes would make it much better,faster and effective?
i mean like motors(specifications),the wheels,etc?
its a rear wheel drive..and it uses a tanker like drive for the wheel..

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae34/phoenix007007/OgAAAFm91nsg6D7NoEl3P2K5d5O0pnDUp-O.jpg

the snap can be seen here..please help..

vikas
02-09-2010, 09:31 PM
actually i have prepared a normal robo

he he ... or should I say you have bought the robot - http://robosoftsystems.co.in/roboshop/index.php/robot-kits/mobile-robotic-arm.html

Well u need higher RPM motors,high capacity lighter batteries :) ... Also ever seen a really fast tracked platform ??? . Use wheels !!!

ankit_1988
02-10-2010, 09:26 PM
well.. it might also be possible to use a big capacitor and use it's charging and discharging to give pulses for extra torque when you need to accelerate quickly. But don't over do it, as it reduces the motor's life! Although it can give you an edge in the race ;)

rao
02-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Well... I bet you are using geared motors... in that case just change the gear box to get better RPM... Or else, buy a gear box.. and add it.. If your motor specs allow only upto 60 rpm at peak input then higher voltage will just cause a burnout.. TAKE OUT THE TREADS! use wheels , add some rubber around the wheel surface in your existing wheels for traction... and are you sure that your robot comes within the size specifications of the race?? it looks too big.

pHOeNIx007
02-13-2010, 08:02 PM
he he ... or should I say you have bought the robot - http://robosoftsystems.co.in/roboshop/index.php/robot-kits/mobile-robotic-arm.html

Well u need higher RPM motors,high capacity lighter batteries :) ... Also ever seen a really fast tracked platform ??? . Use wheels !!!

actually i participated in a workshop conducted by robosoftsys..
if i take higher rpm motors,how do u suggest i control them?..by a variable dc voltage adaptor??..or by a pot?
seeing the variety of wheels available in the market,which kindda wheels would you prefer??..the SUV like big wheels?

am sorry if i sound like a fool,but i havent heard something like high capacity light batteries..mind elaborating..

pHOeNIx007
02-13-2010, 08:04 PM
well.. it might also be possible to use a big capacitor and use it's charging and discharging to give pulses for extra torque when you need to accelerate quickly. But don't over do it, as it reduces the motor's life! Although it can give you an edge in the race ;)

how do i practicaly use the capacitors?..and how do i control the capacitors externally??..

pHOeNIx007
02-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Well... I bet you are using geared motors... in that case just change the gear box to get better RPM... Or else, buy a gear box.. and add it.. If your motor specs allow only upto 60 rpm at peak input then higher voltage will just cause a burnout.. TAKE OUT THE TREADS! use wheels , add some rubber around the wheel surface in your existing wheels for traction... and are you sure that your robot comes within the size specifications of the race?? it looks too big.

can you suggest me some special kindda wheel??..als whats the diff between a normal motor and a geared motor??..

i dun think the one we've used in that bot is a geared one as there's no gear box..so is there any way of varying the rpm of the motor??

and yup the robot fits exactly within the given specifications(give or take a few mm)..