PDA

View Full Version : help needed to design lifting arm..!!!

jayshah181
02-10-2010, 06:20 PM
i cant find a specific mechanism for lifting arm .... i want to make an arm such that it can lift a 5 kg. robot quickly with a greater thrust... plz if any one can help..

MGear
02-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Hello,
You have'nt give a proper description on How you want the arm to lift the robot, neither you've mentioned the purpose.
Anyways, I guess you want that arm for Robowars, so as to topple the opponent. For that we have liver based arms with fulcrum somewhere near to the arm. These arms use Pneumatics to deliver better results.

rao
02-10-2010, 09:59 PM
I would say what MGEAR said. you can as well have a slanted surface in front of your robot and CHARGE INTO the other robot making it climb the slant and eventually topple...Do you think that the other team would give you the time for you to conveniently place your robot in such a way that your arm will catch and pick the other robot up???

jayshah181
02-10-2010, 10:15 PM
@ MGear-sorry for incomplete info. nd ya i want tht for robowars . and thnx for the info .

@ rao- thnx for reply . and i hv opted for slope on all four sides nd along with tht i m using the arm..

Vivek4444
02-16-2010, 07:45 PM
You can also use a single iron bar which is driven by stepper motor to lift fastly & easily in robo wars