PDA

View Full Version : Need help 4 Quadrcopter

Vivek4444
02-19-2010, 07:37 PM
hey friends i need help for making a quadrocopter,i hav some ideas i need help:confused:, ya i am expanding my team interested guys reply here.

i am really cracy about it:o

shobhitkukreti
02-19-2010, 09:27 PM
3 idiots lives on...

Vivek4444
02-19-2010, 09:43 PM
hey can u give me some guidelines

shobhitkukreti
02-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Vivek please tell us more about your ideas.

vikas
02-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Just one question ... whats ur budget !!!

Vivek4444
02-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Just one question ... whats ur budget !!!

here i am with my five friends and i am trying to add more( even from outside) and i think below 15,000;)

docel
02-21-2010, 07:34 PM
........ and i think below 15,000;)

Dollars or Rupees :confused:

Anyway, you can contact these guys (http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-parts/DF-VTI-REFURB/RC-HELICOPTERS-DRAGANFLYER-VTI.html) for a second hand Quadrotor ( with Warranty).

(But...tell me : who gave you the idea you can make it in that budget ?)

robu_com
02-22-2010, 09:59 AM
if u rfrom mumbai .. i might guide u .. regarding motors and r/c

docel
02-22-2010, 10:49 AM
hey friends i need help for making a quadrocopter,i hav some ideas i need help:confused:, ya i am expanding my team interested guys reply here.

i am really cracy about it:o

Vivek: Whatever you do, beware of self-styled overnite experts and fly-by-night operators looking for your money and naivete....

jeremy.2231
07-31-2010, 12:49 PM
hi guys im new here... doing the same project... can anyone assist me regarding which motors to use and where is it available???

allbits
07-31-2010, 02:12 PM
Do not buy things straight away, without understanding the basics of flying things. You need to know how much thrust you need. For that you need to have an estimate of the weight of your Quad. If you have not designed them, better do it first, buy some cheap toy that flies and understand the difficulties in controlling them on flight. Flying things can burn a hole in your pocket if not worked on properly.

You will need brushless motors and their controllers. You can use Brushed motors too, with proper gearing. Docel might me able to help you better, if you are real serious.

Ulhas
08-01-2010, 08:17 PM
And the most problematic zone lies in RF and its range.

How you managed RF rc remote with your limited budget? It is impossible.

yogesh_ipu
08-08-2010, 10:53 AM
hi m new here! m also planning to do the same project! my idea is instead of using rf ,we can use a dtmf decoder ic and mount a cheap mobile handset and using a network on which is providing free calling service,we can control quadrocopter. thus reducing a need of a wireless remote also!!!!

but m not sure of its working. pl guide me !!!!

vikas
08-08-2010, 11:00 AM
hi m new here! m also planning to do the same project! my idea is instead of using rf ,we can use a dtmf decoder ic and mount a cheap mobile handset and using a network on which is providing free calling service,we can control quadrocopter. thus reducing a need of a wireless remote also!!!!

Is that a joke ? If its not , best you stay from the project. Since you need to learn a LOT !!! .

Ulhas
08-08-2010, 11:41 AM

It will work but will not be userfriendly , just imagine your condition when you are fighting to locate your mobile buttons which are almost not more than 5mm * 8mm in size , you may press multiple key pressing at same time.

But can be of coursed simplified usin cheap highly sensitive GSM modem, and a simple GUI VB/VC based software which will send at commands to send the dtmf tone to your unit.

Else you can think to use PS2 joystick as a cheap alternative instead of software. In this case you need GSM serial modem, uC and PS2 joystick

yogesh_ipu
08-08-2010, 11:26 PM
thanks for the reply.
dear vikas have u ever worked with a dtmf(dual tone multiple frequency ) decoder ic...???? have u ever made a mobile robot?????

i u had than u would have thought the same what m thinking of!!!!

yogesh_ipu
08-08-2010, 11:29 PM
It will work but will not be userfriendly , just imagine your condition when you are fighting to locate your mobile buttons which are almost not more than 5mm * 8mm in size , you may press multiple key pressing at same time.

But can be of coursed simplified usin cheap highly sensitive GSM modem, and a simple GUI VB/VC based software which will send at commands to send the dtmf tone to your unit.

Else you can think to use PS2 joystick as a cheap alternative instead of software. In this case you need GSM serial modem, uC and PS2 joystick

thanks for ur rply ulhas,
i think the reason u have mentioned for not using handset is not a problem!!!!

vikas
08-09-2010, 04:29 PM
dear vikas have u ever worked with a dtmf(dual tone multiple frequency ) decoder ic...???? have u ever made a mobile robot?????

I would never think the same , because i never did the stuff u did,nor will i ever do.

“You can educate a fool, but you cannot make him think”

allbits
08-09-2010, 05:38 PM
@yogesh_ipu

Do you have any Idea how much time will it take for any object, about 1m from ground, to fall down and touch the ground, considering no air friction?

akshay66
08-09-2010, 09:37 PM
yogesh_ipu's post are hilarious.i think he doesn't have much practical experience :D...............

docel
08-10-2010, 07:13 AM
thanks for the reply.

:o:):D
....have u - ever, vikas .......???
:rolleyes:

( Sorry vikas... these were the only icons i could find.. and only 4 i can use... )

lolman_returns
08-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Pretentious noobs, bags of fun for all age groups!

Ulhas
08-11-2010, 08:15 AM
thanks for ur rply ulhas,
i think the reason u have mentioned for not using handset is not a problem!!!!

Go ahead then

yogesh_ipu
08-11-2010, 08:22 PM
people here are interstd in making fun of new ones instead of helping and sharing knowledge!!!!! i joined this forum with the aim of getting some help but it was a bad experience... i came up with a new idea and i thought discussion would be there....but in vain. you should realise that today we are living in a age where everything is posssible, new ideas should always be a welcome and should be worked upon intead of supressing them. people here who are having knowledge and experience, its gud but they should not feel proud of it.

i feel very bad. this is my last rply to this thread, and m sory if this rply hurts nybody.!!!!

rao
08-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Instead of finding out why DTMF won't work, you decided to go on the offensive.

Even now you are too over-confident in your idea to find out why it wouldn't work.

You think that a quadrotor belongs to the same skill class of an average 4 wheeled robot.

Once you calm down and try to think about it, this was not about someone suppressing your Idea, but it was experienced people letting you know that the feasibility margin is too low.

vikas
08-12-2010, 12:11 AM
Like rao said u never asked why ? rather went on the offencive

I have tried building Aerial vehicles with disastarous results , Most people do not understand the level of complexity involved and how unstable these platforms are. I have seen n number of people trying to build them but they fizzle out as soon as they start. Just one successful student attempt ive seen over last few years... with almost all imported components.

We are here to help, but its best if people do their homework before asking questions.

docel
08-12-2010, 12:56 AM
people here are interstd in making fun of new ones instead of helping and sharing knowledge!!!!! i joined this forum with the aim of getting some help but it was a bad experience... i came up with a new idea and i thought discussion would be there....but in vain. you should realise that today we are living in a age where everything is posssible, new ideas should always be a welcome and should be worked upon intead of supressing them. people here who are having knowledge and experience, its gud but they should not feel proud of it.

i feel very bad. this is my last rply to this thread, and m sory if this rply hurts nybody.!!!!

Yogesh_ipu :

1. Lot of newbies have been encouraged on the Forum- provided they have asked for help and followed certain basic requirements.

people here are interstd in making fun of new ones instead of helping and sharing knowledge!!!!!It is YOu who made fun ... of a senior Member ( & the Adminstrator of RI) in that statement.
It is time that you understood certain basic behaviour/ etiquette/protocols and show some humility/respect to others who may be senior to you. Remember - you came here for help by your own choice. You cannot 'demand' help as if it is your birth right. We will assess you fro what you are with the bare minimum words that you choose in as many sentences as to what you are and what sort of a person you are. Those sentences are all that we have to gauge you as a person- whether deserving of help or not- with nothing else to think about you. Either we decide you arew a nice guy and deserve hekp or a "pretentious" bum who deserves to be "made fun of".
Remember this: it is YOU who provoke the response.

3. I haven't built the Eiffel tower in my life. But it isn't difficult for me or will I be wrong to say flatly that it cannot be built using paper. If anyone says he can build the Eiffel tower using paper, don't you think he is begging for some "funny" treatment??

4. A lot of members here have a lot of experience in life. It is up to you and any other member to make use of their experience with tact and decency. Arrogance and " pretentious" attitudes will only call for unnecessary ridicule and adverse comments from others.

Originally Posted by yogesh_ipu : dear vikas have u ever worked with a dtmf(dual tone multiple frequency ) decoder ic...???? have u ever made a mobile robot?????

i u had than u would have thought the same what m thinking of!!!! 5. Knowledge does not come easily; nor does help.
If you choose to be arrogant but expect everyone to 'respect' you, just because you are a new comer, you're are grossly mistaken.
:
Such attitudes are not encouraged in any Forum on the net anywhere. There are Rules to be followed or you will have to face unknown treatment. You will learn this the hard way, I'm sure, if you show this kind of attitude anywhere else on any other Forum in the world.

6. There are 2 things you can do: modify your approach and request and stay on successfully or disappear completely. The choice is yours and yours alone.

7. Things are NOT restricted to some request and some answer. There are more important issues than that anywhere, and they will decide the response and fate of the query. Behaviour, attitude etc are some of them.

8. There are a lot of young school going kids here who are respected by all the senior members here on this Forum. A lot of them did face the same treatment but have survived and earned that respect basically because they chose to change and conform to the protocols of the Forum.

Remember- you don't gain anything and nor does the Forum lose anything by a diffident attitude. If you choose to disappear from this Forum it is clear that you have no intention of " learning " anything.

(I do hope you can understand all this that I have said.)

Good luck !!

yogesh_ipu
08-13-2010, 10:13 PM
mr.rao and vikas.....
well i would like to quote where it all started.....

Is that a joke ? If its not , best you stay from the project. Since you need to learn a LOT !!! .

vikas

this was the first rply which i got from vikas which was annoying.i wasnt joking at all i was serious.!!
he went on saying that better you stay away from the project which very offensive to me !!!!
and the above quote tells who was offensive!!!

well mr.docel....
i know how to behave on a forum and what are the protocols....... this is not a single forum on which m a member!!!!

It is time that you understood certain basic behaviour/ etiquette/protocols and show some humility/respect to others who may be senior to you.

well this applies to other people also on this forum!!

We will assess you fro what you are with the bare minimum words that you choose in as many sentences as to what you are and what sort of a person you are.

yes ur right everyone on the forum will be assesed by his words!

...have you.. ever.. ???

Quote Originally Posted by yogesh_ipu View Post
thanks for the reply.

....have u - ever, vikas .......???

( Sorry vikas... these were the only icons i could find.. and only 4 i can use... )

docel
^Anything is possible..
after YOU prove it!!
http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

m not a arrongant type guy nor m having pretentious atttitude.!!!!
i do repect my elders and seniors in my college who also respect their juniors also!!!!

well thats all!! i think i have more importants works to do rather than keep on wasting time rplying to this discussion which was never meant to be on this type of forum!!!!

lolman_returns
08-13-2010, 10:40 PM
@To everyone other than the OP:

Let us not waste our time on someone who has more "importants works". At this point I would like to reiterate that there are a lot of "touchy" members on Ri.

I would ask the admins/mods to lock/delete this thread and save us from more of this nonsense.

@To OP : Just {xxxx} and stay away. Stick to the other forums that you use.

vikas
08-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Locked !!!