PDA

View Full Version : motors......

utkarshjain
02-26-2010, 08:59 PM
today when i was abt to wind my line follower project without use of any micro controller i found that only one of the motors (of the 2) run while others does'nt(i will all the running motor as correct motor and other as faulty motor)...from multimeter i found that there was 0v at output of l293d connecting the faulty motor..
When i broke the connections of l293d wid correct motor and tried it wid just that faulty motor i found that the motor did'nt ran.......is this due to bad motor or due to battery(battery i am using is li-ion 7.4v 2200mah) ...the faulty motor runs correctly when connected directly wid battery.........plz post soon..
Moreover, I wud like to thanx the roboticsindia team for supporting me..U guyz really rock///////////
:)

rao
02-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Unbelievably, recently I faced a lot of problems interfacing an L293D with two cheap DC motors. But it turned out to be a great learning experience.

Please answer these questions.
1. Does your motor make a humming sound when connected to the L293D?
2. Does your L293D really heat up when the motors are up?
3. Is you circuit on a breadboard or a soldered PCB? Because Loose or wrong connections are always possible even for pros on a breadboard.

We are glad that we were able to assist you.

Rao

tpsbpl
02-27-2010, 01:16 AM
Check L293D and here is sample Circuit http://www.electroons.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/ckt_mtr.jpg

Regards,

www.onlinetps.com

pratheek
02-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Connect your motors to the batteries directly - if they spin at the speed they are rated at then the problem is not with your motors.

Check your L293D connections again. Make sure you are using the L293D and not L293 or L239N or the L293NE.

Even I had faced similar problems interfacing motors with the L293NE. Adding pull up resistors to all the input pins of the L293NE solved the problem.

Finally, don't forget provide a logic high signal to the enable pins.

utkarshjain
02-27-2010, 11:13 AM
hey thanx...problem is solved!!!!!

rao
02-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Utkarsh, please let us know what the problem was finally and how was it solved so that others can learn from your thread.