PDA

View Full Version : For all robotics and image processing fans ....ciencia 2k10 robotika important info

karthikprasad
03-25-2010, 10:17 AM
To All Of You RoboManiacs out there,
CVRCE Presents Robotika@CIENCIA 2K10 on the 1st,2nd and
3rd of April.
In Addition to 7 scintillating events which include 4 R/C & 3
Autonomous events which include micromouse, line follower & for the
first time in the history of Andhra Pradesh, an Image Processing Event
CUBIX, we also have two exciting Robo Exhibitions for you which include
1=> 5 on 5 Robocup Autonomous Exhibition Soccer Match
2=> BioMimetics

Since this is the first time an image processing event is
being held in the state, we have called people all the way from IIT
Bombay to conduct a workshop on Image Processing & Cognitive Robotics.
Thats rite people!!! TRI-Think Labs(http://thinklabs.in/) is conducting a workshop on Image Processing And Cognitive Robotics for all ye folks out there which will cover the A-Z of Image Processing using Matlab. This workshop is intended for Beginners in the fields of Image Processing And Robotics and will be a 2 Day Extravaganza starting on the 27th of March 2k10 and concluding on the 28th of March 2K10 at the CVR College Of Engineering Hyderabad .Spot Registrations are also available but participants are requested to register online on or before the 26th of March owing to the fixed no of 200 Teams.
The pricing is as follows
1.Rs 1000/- (Without TakeAway Kit But a kit will be given
during the workshop for a hands on experience)
2. Rs 2200/- (With TakeAway Kit)
3. Rs 7000/- (For A Team of four with TakeAway Kit)

For further details Please Visit www.ciencia.in

Note:
1.Participants who participate in the workshop get wildcard entries to the finals of the image processing event CUBIX where the winner stands to win a whopping amount of Rs 15K and an internship from the masters TRI-India themselves.
2. All Participants of the workshop will be awarded certificates
by TRI-Think Labs IIT Bombay.

For Further Queries
Please Contact:
S.Amar Nath: 09703158518
Adithya Swaroop Joshi:-09848743392
Phani Kumar:-09032055209
Akshay Fadnis:-09700133687
Anil Kumar Sistla:-09052069597

allbits
03-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Note:
1.Participants who participate in the workshop get wildcard entries to the finals of the image processing event CUBIX where the winner stands to win a whopping amount of Rs 15K and an internship from the masters TRI-India themselves.
2. All Participants of the workshop will be awarded certificates
by TRI-Think Labs IIT Bombay.

things cannot be more unfair to the not so rich. So, if an idiot with no experience at all, joins the workshop, he gets a 'wild card'

I thought 'wild cards' are for the eligible.

strategies like this will devalue your event a lot.
Infact, its already devalued.

vikas
03-25-2010, 02:34 PM
You have to pay 7000 as a team to learn so called image recognition to win so called whopping 15000 ... ha ha . You guys should have given the material required for free , so that field is even. And workshops should be free at such events ... not hand in glove with so called TRI.

Also like alllbits pointed out , this is completely infair to someone who think workshops are a waste and donsnt pay.

Also your competition Image recognition is rules are very simple , why not release sample code which people can use as reference. And any 4th year CS guy can read up and give workshop on Image recognition which will full fill your requirements, no IIT needed and itll be free :).

karthikprasad
03-25-2010, 06:39 PM
mates u the pros and guyz i am on my way to becoming one as i am pretty good at ma stuff so please if u do not want to contribute to the failure of the event i humbly request u to consider ur critical opinions.
First thing, 7000s the charge because they're giving away a takeaway kit using which one can participate in CUBIX so the team stands to get back 8K in addition to learning something worthwhile. Most of our people dont even have a clue about image processing and so we took the initiative of conducting an image processing event for the first time in our state. We are also getting outstation participants for our workshops as well as the events because if u go thru our site, our events are conceptually simple yet challenging.
And have u seen the mention of a robotics registration fee on our site, because guess what theres none. Unlike other colleges who get oodles of sponsors and still have the audacity to charge participants, we dont do that because we simply and strictly believe in promoting robotics, we live by it and will die by it and have been and will continue to be the forerunners of Behavorial & purely Reactive Robotics and Machine Vision.
We are charging ppl because no one wud quite frankly be ready to listen to us and that we are aware of, would u listen to a guy sitting by ur side who is ready to conduct a workshop if u dont have a clue as to who he/she is.
People, we are here and will be always for promoting robotics, u will be hearing a lot from me in the near future.Attend the fest, witness the Robo Exhibitions, participate in the events and experience robotics at its very best. I rest my case

karthikprasad
03-25-2010, 06:42 PM
by the way
we are also conducting free workshops on robotics and machine vision on the 1st and 2nd as well.
Interested ppl are more than welcome to contact us at
the same nos

ie 09703158518