PDA

View Full Version : RoboSpark

tunnu
04-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Hi Roboteers,

I am planning to start a Private Robotic Competition in India.

The venue will be mostly in Chennai. And around 15 events involving robots.

I am deciding to start based on the public interest. So Reply your thoughts and also get me some suggestions regarding the permissions to be got before starting it. Planning to make it an international robotic contest to make India better in robotic field from young age.

Awaiting all your replies.

Harish

tunnu
04-21-2010, 03:42 PM
The Name of the event will be RoboSpark and planning to held it from June end IST. It will be taking place every two months or so.

reply your suggestions

shashak
04-21-2010, 09:51 PM
It will be taking place every two months or so.
Even though it’s does not bother me but who will sponsor it and what will be motivation means prize and all
Anyways if you are seriously thinking, do something for old folks who are not in academics now as all other robotics contest are limited to academic partnership.
There was show robowars telecast on Tensport or something you can study there model. AND if you able to make entertainment content out of it (as it will regular event), then you can sell it to channels then all money and money, what you say it could be Indian Robotics League :D
I am not joking think about it.

akshay66
04-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Stop thinking high first you should just start with a small club & a decent competition slowly you'll get popular

tunnu
04-21-2010, 11:59 PM
Actually i am gonna make the competition and the arena ready by the registration fee charged from the participants. That includes the prize money too. Can anyone guide me regarding the permission and govt wise issues regarding to this..

Harish

allbits
04-23-2010, 08:16 AM
you Will not get participants. They might not spend that much for a start up competition. YOu mihgt have to charge heavily. Events like these cannot run without sponsorships, if you want to have it big.

tunnu
04-24-2010, 08:48 AM
you Will not get participants. They might not spend that much for a start up competition. YOu mihgt have to charge heavily. Events like these cannot run without sponsorships, if you want to have it big.

get me some ideas then, let it be small or big. what way i can start such competition. i am planning to charge 150-200INR as entrance fee

akshay66
04-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Rs 100 would be fine as registration fee & think if you get 15-20 participants for the first time.By this you'll get around 1500 - 2000 rs & suppose you add your own 1000 bucks so how will do your competition in 3000 rs.

akshay66
04-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Tell us about your event i mean what is it for eg robo wars or line follower???

tunnu
04-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Tell us about your event i mean what is it for eg robo wars or line follower???

The events decided so far are
1. Micro Mouse
2. Mech War
3. Load Transport
4. All Terrain Race
5.Line Follower
6. Step Climbing
7. Robot Soccer

tunnu
04-25-2010, 11:06 AM
We are also asking for sponsors.. People who help us getting a sponsor will also get 10% of the sponsored amount. The entrance tickets for audience will fetch us some money too. it will be held in a school or college auditorium

lolman_returns
04-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Sounds really far fetched. Dont announce till you dont know how to go about it. Also start small.

shashak
04-25-2010, 12:12 PM
who can all participate, non academics?

tunnu
04-25-2010, 12:27 PM
actually people. i asked help and suggestions. but i dunno why you people are discouraging me .. each reply has some negative word . :(.. if this is not possible , tell me an alternate atleast or what i should do.. i am also a college student so i cant put more money all.. Guide me ways to improve robotics. There are no such events in India that are held regularly and private to improve robotics .

Suggest me Please, Do not discourage.

tunnu
04-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Its for School, College and Non Academics too.

lolman_returns
04-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Please dont take realistic advice as discouragement. Why does everyone on roboticsIndia has to be so sensitive?? This is a public forum the last time I checked and there are bound to be critical replies. If people cannot handle critical responses, they should stay away from public forums.

MGear
04-25-2010, 01:14 PM
@tunnu: All the very best wishes for your PRC - RoboSpark !

We all would really like to know how you will manage the event with so limited funds. Your answer will be an inspiration for all of us here.

tunnu
04-25-2010, 01:26 PM
any one with ideas or suggestions ? pls help me out and guide me a little.. or should i drop out this plan?

MGear
04-25-2010, 02:25 PM
@Tunnu: I am no expert myself, but with the experience of organising events at my college , some of my tips might work for you.

First of all start with a properly planned expenditure that you will be facing. A simple MicoMouse event maze can shell out more than 1000 bucks.
Survey market for the required services at the time of event. Instead of buying all the goods , go for rentals , they are much cheaper. Later on when you'll have handfull of funds then you can buy em.
Get someone to spread the word, more the participants better the funds ( obviously ). Colleges are good sources of advertisement , tie up with some students who are into such activities. Some might work for free for experience and certificates.
A better certificate is more attractive than a handsome prize. . .

All the Best

tunnu
04-25-2010, 07:07 PM
what things we can get for rental? and some one guide me about tax and govt permissions as its private club. Can some one get me the things needed for events.. any event among the ones i have posted here before.