PDA

View Full Version : Hi ( Help me make an LFR )

akanksha
05-08-2010, 12:57 AM
I want to know hw can i make a line follower?? I know a bit about robotics... so please explain me in detail :)

[ Edited: Please give an appropriate Title when you start a new Topic. I have given this thread a suitable title.
-Mod ]

lolman_returns
05-08-2010, 04:02 AM
LOL depending on the situation, black line on white field or white line on black field, you have an array of LEDs and light sensor pairs (they can be IR as well) in a custom arrangement on your robot. Depending on the reading by the IR receiver array, the micro controller or the comparator sends the appropriate signal to the motor driver which makes the motors make the robot move the appropriate direction for the robot to follow the line.

I would love to know what aspect of robotics do you have a little bit of knowledge about keeping in mind that robotics is a multidisciplinary field. As in, do you know mechanical, electrical or the programming of microcontrollers part?(do not include the lame 8051 assembly programming that they teach in engineering)

viks505
05-12-2010, 05:44 PM
truly agreed with "lolman_returns' u hav to keep in mind the basic aspects of robotics in mind to continue further in developing any kind of robot............. jus basics are sufficient..............keep few things in mind before starting any project............the purpose statement that describes what u want ur robot to do.....basic functions u wanna hav in it......hardware it could require as per ur purpose statement.............rest depends on synchronization of ur programming skills with hardware used.

now comin onto ur project as per ur purpose statement the basic requirements would be ...... dc motors at least two (need not to be stepper).......sensors to detect the line..IR would be fine enough.......as IR rays will be reflected from white and absorbed by black ..........hence ur programming may vary as described by "lolman" in previous post.

now arrange ur pair of sensors to catch the reflected IR signals which will guide ur programmer (microcontroller or PC) to respond by delivering power signals to motors for motion.

asimov_18
05-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Hi,
Frankly ,if you know bit of robotics you shouldn't be asking this :-). I wouldn't spend much time explaing as you haven't gone thru previous threads for line follower (there are plenty of them on RI). Also this seems to be a collge project/tech feast work which ur college has assigned you so we will keep it short and sweet. So here is a URL for the same http://www.james.vroman.com/tecbot1a.htm

In case you want a ready made mouse let me know I send you a ready made line follower, working and perfect at an affordable cost (but let me know 1 month in advance).

Asimov

ADNAN
05-21-2010, 01:12 PM
This is my only hope .don mind people.but how do i start a new thread???..can't find any options on starting a thread .please help

lolman_returns
05-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Go to forums, go to the section that you want to post a thread at. Finally,look at the top left for a button called "Post New Thread". Click on it and get your thread going.

jay.ec.eng
06-23-2010, 10:49 AM
http://www.scribd.com/doc/4662053/Line-Following-Robot

Hi dear,
For primary help follow this link. There is some changes u can use MC 89s52 and as a motor driver 2803 or 2003

For more help contact me on jay.ec.eng@gmail.com

pratheek
06-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Making a simple line following robot is not difficult. You don't even need a microcontroller. Before starting, decide on the line color you want to follow, the speed with which you want your robot to follow the line, the type of sensors you will be using, etc.
If you want the process in detail, you will have to google search for tutorials.

godslayer
06-24-2010, 09:09 PM
go to a market and buy one for cheap :P thats what 80% of people do.. tweak it.. install some leds and your project is ready for submission

jay.ec.eng
06-25-2010, 09:36 AM
Never do such kind of thing, You should do it your self if u have any problem then asq.. asq,... asq..
but do if n u can. If u want to be n engineer n for your kind information not 20, only 10% students
are an engineer after completion them BE/BTec. N io think u can decide which is your class!!!

[Edited:
Never do such kind of a thing. You should do it yourself. If you have any problem then ask.. ask,... ask..
But do it (and you can) if you want to be an engineer. For your kind information not 20%, only 10% students
are engineers after completion of BE/BTech. I think you can decide which is your class!!!
- Mod ]

godslayer
06-25-2010, 02:08 PM
i am just kidding people.. why is such a tensed environment over here at RI..ofcourse i would never buy preprogrammed LFRs myself...