PDA

View Full Version : How to run Three phase micro motor ??

viks505
05-12-2010, 05:25 PM
I have a three phase micro motor of CD rom. I have dismantled it from the ckt of CD rom, now I want to run it. the problem I am facing here is how to obtain three phase supply for such a small motor as it can at max bear 12 volts.

Either i should develop a ckt. to produce three phase supply of smaller voltage or supply from a PC using a program or by programming a microcontroller for delivering three phase supply.

Now tell me the best way to run this micro motor ????/

lolman_returns
05-12-2010, 10:40 PM
LOL! Three phase DC motor?? You mean a brushless DC motor, the third wire should be a hall effect sensor feedback which can be used as a tachometer feedback for position or speed control. Everything on a computer runs on DC, thats what the SMPS is for. DC doesnt have phase. connect red black (usually) to 5-12 V variable DC power supply and connect the third wire and ground to a CRO, try to make sense out of the pulses recieved and the voltage supplied to the motor.
Once you are done, then program appropriately, i.e. Feedback goes as input to the micro, and output goes to motor driver (H-Bridge ) to drive the motor.

viks505
05-13-2010, 12:17 AM
well u r rit lolmam...........its the same brushless motor but as i have mentioned, i have dismantled the unit ............. so now i have 9 poles on my stator (wave wound).......specifically for three phase supply (6 terminals of windings, making it four by joining three of them in star )....or....three dc pulses one by one via microcontroller through a program.

so i think ur method might work..............i'll give it a try

lolman_returns
05-13-2010, 01:35 AM
NO. That is not three phase. You might have a stepper but that's all. Phases are for AC motors not for DC motors. When you say one by one pulse that means you are driving a motor in steps, i.e. stepper motor.

endlasuresh
05-16-2010, 01:27 PM
three phase motors are used for machines and never for DC small motors like robot motors.just postthe image of the motor so someone can help you in this

allbits
05-17-2010, 02:18 PM
its a DC brushless motor of course. If difficult to drive them. You will need a mico. You can use sensored/sensorless control. If you are not used to motor control with a micro, forget this for the time being, study a bit more and then try again.