PDA

View Full Version : omini wheel

endlasuresh
05-29-2010, 12:40 PM
I have seen pastly omini wheels on various sites but i dont know what type of material is used for manufacturing?
does is it made from plastic or steel or iron ?any idea
Moderator : If this is the not right place then please move it correct place

Regards
Suresh

akshay66
05-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Its definately not a metal else it could be some variant of plastic hard or maybe plastic.Its pointless because omni wheels are available in so much types that you cant just point out one material instead you should give the link of some particular omni wheel if you have a doubt.

endlasuresh
05-29-2010, 03:40 PM
please post your thoughts with the following
1. nex-robotics.com/products/wheels-and-belts/omnidirectional-wheel-10cm-heavy-duty.html
2.robokits.co.in/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=57&products_id=284

this are two however i am planning to manufacture the nex robotics type but can you give some helpful hints what should be the diameter of rim and the hole shaft etc.I may think this will depends upon needs but please give some suggestions
for materials: we have experience and know everything which type should we use for the purpose and cost.

Regards
Suresh

lolman_returns
05-29-2010, 06:31 PM
i am planning to manufacture the nex robotics type

LOL Careful Suresh, Or Nex might post another thread on how you copied their omniwheel.

vikas
05-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Best you order from them and use them as samples.

endlasuresh
05-29-2010, 07:50 PM
LOL Careful Suresh, Or Nex might post another thread on how you copied their omniwheel.
no problem :cool:
We dont copy other designs or we dont reproduce such types
I can apply my own designs etc but i never seen this wheel and i may ask the same person to get one.
Their are several types to change such as diameter and the shape etc
same omini wheel from robokits
acroname.com/robotics/parts/R97-4CM-POLY-ROLLER.html
same omini wheel from nex robots with some changes
robotshop.com/vex-omni-wheel-8.html

vikas
I may get one later or shall ask the same company

Edit
moderator close this thread i will be using other thread to discuss which is active

docel
06-05-2010, 11:54 AM
This is the copy-each-other-and-increase-competition era.... none of the above have any Patent on the Omniwheel. infact , they are copies of other existing products worldwide.

The Omni wheel can be made very easily. No need for expensive mould/ die-casting etc.,

vikas
06-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Please look at Dagu for sourcing such stuff . It is a chinese company with good quality products.

These guys are in their own trip with crazy overpricing of products !!! You can get them from About Rs 200 with duty paid from china. Though ull have to order more like 10 - 20 though.

Itll still be cheaper than buying 3 for your robot from Indian companies atleast for now .

endlasuresh
06-05-2010, 01:02 PM
docel

This is the copy-each-other-and-increase-competition era.... none of the above have any Patent on the Omniwheel. infact , they are copies of other existing products worldwide.

The Omni wheel can be made very easily. No need for expensive mould/ die-casting etc.,

have you made any types of those wheels products etc. manufacturers wont sell like 50 or 100.Both companies have more prices because theirs no company to compete it.
chineese vs indians companies have huge difference
Chineese companies they make products neatly just like the electronic kits which we cant get soldered.

For a manufacturer i may think it will cost only around 50 rupees or even below but i have never seen so unsure.As from the weight of the product i am saying

Regards
Suresh

docel
06-06-2010, 07:27 PM
have you made any types of those wheels
Regards
Suresh

....make them all the time- from car seat beads to rubber hose-pipes and bangles.
That 800bucks OmniWheel from the above links is the easiest to make - just 8 L-clamps, rubber pipe & superglue.

vikas
06-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Docel would love some pics !!!

endlasuresh
06-07-2010, 10:58 AM
....make them all the time- from car seat beads to rubber hose-pipes and bangles.
That 800bucks OmniWheel from the above links is the easiest to make - just 8 L-clamps, rubber pipe & superglue.
yes very nice idea but however that may break due to poor quality of those bangles and seat beads.your suggestion is good , have you made them so please post some images.