PDA

View Full Version : My microcontroller burns

nassima
05-31-2010, 01:52 PM
hi guys,just wanna ask u about the microcontroller (PIC16F877) programming!!!!each time i try to brogram my PIC it burns,i dunno where is the prob!!!is it in the brain circuit or in the program??:confused:

vikas
05-31-2010, 02:00 PM
ur doing something wrong my fiend ,check connections.

MohitM
05-31-2010, 05:27 PM
hi guys,just wanna ask u about the microcontroller (PIC16F877) programming!!!!each time i try to brogram my PIC it burns,i dunno where is the prob!!!is it in the brain circuit or in the program??:confused:
Next time you program your PIC, keep a camera ready. The video of the PIC burning could be uploaded on YouTube. To help you better, we need to see know high the flames reach, the colour and how long the PIC takes to burn completely.

I really love trouble-shooting these kind of problems.

MohitM
05-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Duh! I just realized... Of course, you burn your PIC when you program it! Its whats supposed to happen.

Ulhas
05-31-2010, 09:40 PM
How you came to know that it is burned ?
pic might be not responding,not detecting your rogrammer .................

shobhitkukreti
05-31-2010, 09:54 PM
Mohit give the new chap a break. He is phrasing his problem in a wrong way. Nassima retry to post your query in a proper manner

nassima
05-31-2010, 11:17 PM
well,when i programed the pic for the first time it was ok but when i tried to reprogram it,the programmer didn't detect it!!!this is why i said the pic is burned!!!!and mohit is trying to be funny!!!

MohitM
06-01-2010, 09:15 AM
We did a subject in the final year at engineering.. I think it was called Systems Engineering. It hardly looked engineering, with all planning and stuff. But after so many years I realize, engineering is not only about the formula, parts and design, but also how you write the stuff. The first thing before you do anything related to engineering, our professor would insist, is 'problem statement'. Since most of us would be working in teams, he said, how you state the issue at hand would go a long way in collaboration and making the solution easier to find.

Nassima wrote in the first post that each time he tried to program the PIC, it burns. Then Vikas replies to check the connections (for short circuits), assuming that 'burns' has been used in the literal sense. Now Nassima tells us that the PIC would program the first time but not subsequently. Vikas probably feels pissed off for having tried to help Nassima for a non-existent issue, when Nassima could sure have done a better job at explaining what the problem is. Posts flying back and forth trying to help the OP, but the OP cannot be helped because s/he has done a lousy job at describing what is happening in the first instance.

nassima
06-01-2010, 03:32 PM
To Mohit
Honey!!!This is a scientific forum not a social one!!!!!u don't need to tell us the story of ur life and how u became an engineer!!!!

MohitM
06-01-2010, 04:00 PM
To Mohit
Honey!!!This is a scientific forum not a social one!!!!!
Good that you realized it. In science as in normal (and social life) an issue reported as "My Microcontroller Burns" means that it catches flames. So next time when you write something in a technical forum, please frame your question better. Sloppiness, like yours, may be cool in social forum, not here!

To Mohit
u don't need to tell us the story of ur life and how u became an engineer!!!!
Ha! First, I haven't even begun and, second, you don't wanna know!

nassima
06-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Good that you realized it. In science as in normal (and social life) an issue reported as "My Microcontroller Burns" means that it catches flames. So next time when you write something in a technical forum, please frame your question better. Sloppiness, like yours, may be cool in social forum, not here!

Ha! First, I haven't even begun and, second, you don't wanna know!

haha,u have to be smart to understand what i meant by "My microcontroller burns" dude!!!:p All people have understood and they have solved the problem and u'r still asking about what "My microcontroller burns" means!!C'mon

MohitM
06-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Its going to be a slanging match here onwards. Godwin's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law) may apply.

I have nothing to add, since it seems everybody has solved their microcontroller burning problems and moved on. ;-)

nassima
06-01-2010, 05:32 PM
its going to be a slanging match here onwards. godwin's law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/godwin%27s_law) may apply.

I have nothing to add, since it seems everybody has solved their microcontroller burning problems and moved on. ;-)

llloooollll

shobhitkukreti
06-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Nassima, first of all, you need to be humble. Mohit is a senior member over here, and his observation was correct. I asked you to rephrase your problem statement in a better way so that it could be understood easily. What Vikas told you was also a possible solution, although the problem was different.

Give respect n u get it back

nassima
06-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Nassima, first of all, you need to be humble. Mohit is a senior member over here, and his observation was correct. I asked you to rephrase your problem statement in a better way so that it could be understood easily. What Vikas told you was also a possible solution, although the problem was different.

Give respect n u get it back

Thanx dude:o

lolman_returns
06-02-2010, 12:00 PM
@Nassima: Oh by the way, the correct term in your case is "Fries". When the term burning is used with microcontrollers on "Technical" forums, it represents writing a program on the flash memory of a microcontroller.
E.g.

OMG MY MICROCONTROLLER GOT FRIED! = The microcontroller is ruined.
OMG I BURNED MY LED TOGGLE PROGRAM ON MY MICROCONTROLLER! = The microcontroller is utilized.

Hope this helps.

nassima
06-02-2010, 08:10 PM
@Nassima: Oh by the way, the correct term in your case is "Fries". When the term burning is used with microcontrollers on "Technical" forums, it represents writing a program on the flash memory of a microcontroller.
E.g.

OMG MY MICROCONTROLLER GOT FRIED! = The microcontroller is ruined.
OMG I BURNED MY LED TOGGLE PROGRAM ON MY MICROCONTROLLER! = The microcontroller is utilized.

Hope this helps.

:confused:
Thanx anyway