PDA

View Full Version : ENC28j60 with AVR interface

Ulhas
06-04-2010, 03:41 PM
I have a ENC28j60 module purchased from Deccan robotics, Pune
I wrote a code in Mikroc for avr with Atmega32, but its not working later i tried many codes available from internet but none of them i found working for me.

Does anybody suffering the same problem with this module?
Also i just want to check whether my module is faulty or not as without knowing this my each attempt of writing code will be a waste of time.

Can anybody share working uC hex file along with interfacing schematic with uC and enc28j60 for checking of my module?

shobhitkukreti
06-04-2010, 05:03 PM
How are you testing your setup ?

Ulhas
06-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Its is not Deccan Robotics, it is Deccan Robots, and now the name is "Embedded Market".

For your AVR with ENC28J60 module, see this link

http://www.avrportal.com/?page=avrnet

Source from this page is tested ok with the ENC28J60 module you have

ENC28J60 Module link is http://embeddedmarket.com/products/ENC28J60-Ethernet-Module

(Product Link added as the OP has used wrong company name and other users will not understand as which module is he talking about. Else I never post product links, atleast not for past one year on RI)

The ENC28j60 module is common and standard one.
Only interfacing pin numbers may change based upon the designer or supplier. Technical and interfacing issue no more be associated with from whom you have purchased it. Hence product link was not required however you don't need to give explaination for it. That is ok considering general interest of forum users.

However after 10-20 emais also you refused & have not even gave this link.

Now Is schematic applicable for this is the same as given under heading AVRnet Ethernet development board V0.9? I know about SPI line connection i am worried about rest of pins.

I had tested this module with code from this link earlier with no hope but i will recheck again.
However this code is far advance for first time coder and definately not a hellow world project. Hence i further request if some one have a much simple only data transfer type code then pls share it for fast grasping of the forum users.

However i will post the code for it as soon as i finish (even after i am against suppliing ready made code) for others to at least start playing with enc28j60 module.

Ulhas
06-07-2010, 09:24 PM
"By the way, the product page says that no source & hex files are available. So they are not provided."

This not you have added immeditely after our email interactions or even after 7-8 days if i have not wrong.
I am currently restarted testing of it. And will reflect back sonn only if i fount something new to update you all

Nivedita
06-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Its sad feeling. I have not seen this in international forums.

RI forum has been a place for fighting. No point in helping people. Thus removing my posts.

No one will say a single thanks. People are arrogant enough to start forum-fights. I dislike it.

I won't be posting here again, nor will view this forum again. Reading this forum gives me bitter feeling of human relations.

It's now 12.15am (midnight) and my day was full with happy and positive feelings. But reading the posts has spoiled the mood. No point is spending time reading forum-fights.

Sorry Vikas, I had controlled my emotions for long time..... many matured users may agree with it....

Thank you all.

MohitM
06-08-2010, 10:31 AM
On the contrary, I see it all the time. Discussions get heated. In fact they have a related law for it: Godwin's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law)

No one will say a single thanks. People are arrogant enough to start forum-fights. I dislike it.

I won't be posting here again, nor will view this forum again. Reading this forum gives me bitter feeling of human relations.

It's now 12.15am (midnight) and my day was full with happy and positive feelings. But reading the posts has spoiled the mood. No point is spending time reading forum-fights.

Sorry Vikas, I had controlled my emotions for long time..... many matured users may agree with it....
Its your choice, but most of whatever you do on forums etc. is supposed to be free... advice, suggestions, etc. You should not expect a thanks. And about your mood getting spoiled, get a thick skin.

allbits
06-08-2010, 06:32 PM
In fact they have a related law for it: Godwin's Law

Lol... they make a law for everything these days, dont they..

RI forum has been a place for fighting. No point in helping people. Thus removing my posts.

Some time ago, somebody said forums were boring. That was when there were no flames, nothing. Then, some guy came with a copyright thing, which I thought was funny. There used to be 'wars' in RI forums some time before. Differences of opinions. Thats part of a public forum. And when things go offlimits, moderators appear from thin air..

"By the way, the product page says that no source & hex files are available. So they are not provided."

This not you have added immeditely after our email interactions or even after 7-8 days if i have not wrong.
I am currently restarted testing of it. And will reflect back sonn only if i fount something new to update you all
This could have been avoided. If you have a problem with that vendor, discuss that with him, and not in a thread.

This thread has deviated from the topic, and I think its time for the mods to lock the thread.

shashak
06-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Another vendor fumes, things are getting charged up. I love it!
@Ulhas , you can try digiconnect if nothing works.

vikas
06-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Ri is used by people who are sometimes not getting support from vendors , Ive seen it so many times in the past. These people will never be a good mood, else they will not be posting here.

Also I do not think Ulhas was fighting, he was just asking for help.

Also i like it people when defend what they think , it brings out more Ideas ... yes its not always a happy scene .

@ Nivedita - As a vendor you will always be the target. You just cant make everyone happy , its plain and simple. So you just make they rest 95 % happy and carry on.

For a vendor to be on forums is not easy, thats why you see so few here. You give good insights and advice @Ri so i would love you carry on.

Ulhas
06-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Well i may be slightly off topic now, but it is very important to clarify it.
I requested seller to give me only hex file with uC shematic to check whether my module is working or not. Anyway seller says that the module is tested and worked fine before delivery. I accepted and tried almost 3 months on it. I tried the codes for which people have posted link for youtube video for there working code. Even after that i tried a lot and 100% working code for others was not worked for me. looks horrible! when you find 10 people have working code which is not working it is not wise to say that ten peoples are cheater their code is not working, and they did something tricky for making video. So what you think ten people are cheater or something is wrong with me?
Ofcourse i am wrong, but where by using their working code , NO then where?
Yes right it may be hardware, i checked everything once again andtried but no hopes.
I tried software provided by them, i used Capsa Network Analyzer just to sniff the packet which PC software is not able to catch but no change

Seller of this board then offer me another option to send this board back to his shop, he will check and give the comment whether the board is working r not but in each case he will send the same board back to me without any replacement.
I have already spend Rs. 700 + shipping charges for this board. Now this will be an additional cost that i have to bear for sending and receiving back the module which worked out additional Rs. 150/-.
Instead if he had emailed me this link for code and schematic, then at least i have saved my 6 months time which is 100000.... times costlier that cost of this module. After knowing that my module is faulty i might have ordered the another one form same vendor without wasting time further.
Now after wasting costliest time i still don't know where the problem is.

Additionally forum is not international and national. Forum is to help people in need by the team of persons, hobbiest & your good wishers who had experience of working with it earlier. It is absolutely important because no one have time to learn anything from basic, for example there is no sence to suggest new comer to go through the datasheet for knowing exacly where he should connect crystal for his new atmega32, Does he suppose to read it just for knowing it ? ofcourse no. He might be experienced with ther uC , he might e knowing what is timer,serial port, port io but not crystal place. So your one single line saying connecte crystal in etween x1,x2 pin with capacitor will reduce his efforts to a great extend.
I never posted anything for receiving thanks, today he is in need tommorow you will e there at his place. Its a satisfaction that i saved one's time and nothing else.

if i am arrogant & started forum-fights by opening the truth then yes i am arrogant & unmatured .

Anyway i will reflect back and share code (which will be as per my requirement you may change it as per your needs, I am sharing just to build a confidence in you to at leat start ethernet interfacing) in case i managed to get it worked.

Admin This post don't have any right to stay here, So after 7-8 days please delete it
thanks all

Ulhas
07-13-2010, 08:29 AM
Good news

Under scheme buy one get one free on this ENC28j60 ethernet module, i purchased another 2 modules
Yesterday late night i tried new one and it works for the first time itself.
The earlier sent module peice was seems to be faulty but there is no design problem with this product from the seller so if you want you can purchase it from same vendor

I will take another 5-6 days to post code here

shobhitkukreti
07-13-2010, 06:12 PM
I already got a working enc28j60 with pic micro. Works beautifully.
It is not a ready made module like yours.

Ulhas
07-14-2010, 01:11 PM
I already got a working enc28j60 with pic micro. Works beautifully.
It is not a ready made module like yours.

I really can't get you.
Do you mean to say that do you have a nodule from same vendor ?
or
You have designed your own module?
or
You have written a code for it ?

Making module is simple thing like pcb,fabrication etc but works out costlier

If you have made it means if you have started from soldering then you have a great chance to share from where you purchased ENC28j60 , Mag Jack etc.
which compiler etc etc

shobhitkukreti
07-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Yes, i built it from scratch, soldering on a general purpose PCB. I work in an organization , where we deal with almost all types of vendors on official terms.They provided me , whatever i required. Microchip provides free TCP/IP stack. Download it, and use it with your application

Ulhas
07-15-2010, 10:13 AM
See the link having full project, hope this will enable you to start with Ethernet base communication

http://ifile.it/hbax5n4

shobhitkukreti
07-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Thank you Ulhas, i have already started the communication. I am sending and receiving packets. You may use wireshark to monitor the network activity

Ulhas
07-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Thank you Ulhas, i have already started the communication. I am sending and receiving packets. You may use wireshark to monitor the network activity

Yeah, good.
I used colasoft capsa enterprise packet snipper 6.9 for monitoring network activities

By the way i have still not understood what stack means, and how to use it?

shobhitkukreti
07-15-2010, 11:38 PM
How did you initiate the communication ?? You are still playing with the vendor's code ?

Ulhas
07-16-2010, 08:20 AM
How did you initiate the communication ?? You are still playing with the vendor's code ?

No,
I have not used vendor's code.
I have written it myself and is there in above link.
I manage to get it worked 100% ok.
Now ARP,ICMP,UDP & TCP can directly address by attached code.

However if you have DHCP connection then you can use DHCP function from compiler and join internet network mean be any where in the world and access the data,control intruments at your home.

shobhitkukreti
07-16-2010, 06:18 PM
I asked , because you had mentioned you did not understand what stack meant

Ulhas
07-16-2010, 08:03 PM
I asked , because you had mentioned you did not understand what stack meant

Compiler used has inbuilt library for ENC28j60, absolutly no need to write any code related to enc except ip,ip mask etc

shobhitkukreti
07-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Yes, i could figure it out, when you told me , that the compiler had all the functions. I used a PIC micro.