PDA

View Full Version : Obstacle detection for Remote control Car

asb
03-16-2005, 03:30 PM
hi guys,
i am looking for some help to develop a obstacle detection unit to be mounted on a remote controlled car.

please suggest some circuits,ics or any other help if u could ..!

thanks
asb

vidur
03-16-2005, 09:43 PM
To detect an obstacle use a IR LED-Phototransistor pair....for low ranges only
The phototransistor would detect an obstruction when IR light is reflected off it

or you can buy or build a Sonar ckt.

Vidur

asb
03-16-2005, 10:25 PM
hi,
thanks vidur for the suggestion but where do i get the desired stuff from,preferbaly in delhi and how do i make sure it works for obstacles that are only close to the unit ...it would probably take signals reflected from far off obstacles ..reply awaited
thanks
asb

vidur
03-17-2005, 10:00 AM
Lajpat Rai Mkt....check out the wiki section for details

As with any range finder....signal strength falls drastically with range...so use this property...& you can reduce the intensity of the LED by passing lesser curret thru it....or reduce sensitivity/gain of the receiver...or something like that

asb
03-20-2005, 10:28 PM
hi ..!
thanks for ur suggestion ...would try this out after my exams ....! and would let u know if theres something else thanks anwway
bye ..

asb

any other ideas are most welcome ..!

KC
03-23-2005, 01:58 AM
You could use a Bunch os Sonars around the car.. they are quite cheap. There are some issues like when u get to corners, multiple reflections cause problems. But if you can collect SONAR data and fit line to the obstacle... your obstacle detection is as good as ur line fitting alogorithm

Kashyap