PDA

View Full Version : ATMEGA interfaced with NOKIA 6600

simar.i3r
07-26-2010, 02:33 AM
Is there a way to connect Nokia smartphones like Nokia 6600 to Avr MCUs like AtMEGA. If we could get some serial pins out or PCI then this can be possible. I hope that someone has opened it, and know how to.

On other case this could be implemented by Serial over IR (UART over IR). Does anyone knows how to implement UART over IR.. ie UART communication by IR

pratheek
07-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Most mobile phones use the IRDA protocol for infrared communication. Find more information about the protocol and you should be able to implement it.

You do not have to open up the mobile to interface it to a microcontroller. You can use AT commands, or even use bluetooth for communications.

I do not know of the Nokia 6600, but modern day smartphones provide a lot of options for interfacing them to external devices.

simar.i3r
07-27-2010, 10:00 PM
ya but how can I send AT commands from a MCU is the question. Bluetooth seems to be a too expensive and more over complicated option. Could you give me some good source that contain circuit that involves IRDA communication. Also implementation is a big worry. I think AT commands can be sent if we setup IRDA and serial protocol also ie IRCOM, without it its not possible.

Another question is it really possible to implement IRDA (closed source) on a MCU considering its difficulty??

anishjaggi
07-28-2010, 07:14 PM
What are you planning to do??

simar.i3r
07-30-2010, 06:40 PM
I want to transmit data from mobile to MCU, so that I can turn light off via SMS from any mobile. The mobile on the MCU side will be a smart phone which can filter selected phone SMS for security purposes and also read SMS itself. Further I can sent customised IR codes to MCU through C or python. But transmitting information from phone to MCU is a bit of problem. That how the MCU can receive these. I mean by the circuit and the components that is required.

Or if we can get some 'right' wires out of phone then that is the simplest approach and is the best....