PDA

View Full Version : Need help to get start

greenant
07-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Hello,

I want to get robotic movements in X,Y and Z axes directions,I came to know such setup is called as gantry.I am new to this kind of programming. I have very little electronics background(theoretical) I know it is not enough.

Could any one suggest me where to start from to get this task done??

Can I use MS C# programming language for this purpose?? If not, which language I should prefer?

Thanks and regards,
Dev.

allbits
07-29-2010, 02:53 AM
you cannot do anything without a hardware,so either you have to make the hardware, or you have to make someone do the hardware.

The language depends on your hardware.
If you are very new, you have to learn the basics.
If you want to learn the basics, go through the articles. or else give details about your hardware.

it will help a lot f you can give details about yourself, your background and all.

vikas
07-29-2010, 10:05 AM
The details provided are very generalized for any suggestions , give detailed description for a suitable reply.

greenant
07-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi allbits,

First thanks a lot for your reply.

I am Dev finished my MCA and I had electronics as one of my branch subjects in my B.Sc.I've never done any practica electronics application.Now I got a chance to design a robot with basic movements in the initial stage.

This is my intro.I think I've given sufficient info related to my technical background,if it is not the case please inform me.

Regards,
Dev.

greenant
07-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Hi Vikas,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am Dev finished my MCA and I had electronics as one of my branch subjects in my B.Sc.I've never done any practical electronics application.Now I got a chance to design a robot with basic movements in the initial stage.

I am not yet started any work that is why I could not post details completely regarding my hardware or software stuff.
What I asked is as a beginner, I wanted a point(includes hardware,s/w and litt.) where to start from to make a gantry like robotic movements.

Regards,
Dev

vikas
07-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Start with a simple 2 servo motor arrangement and try to build a 2 Dof joint and do it Inverese Kinematics to achieve points in a 2 dimensional space. And go from there .

Use arduino as dev board with servo library. on PC side you can use C# .

We have Videos on basic electronics and soldering on our site ... do go though them.