PDA

View Full Version : Mumbai Team up...

rvbugged
07-25-2004, 07:54 PM
Any guys on Robotics, Mumbai....

warsayo
07-26-2004, 09:37 AM
hey there 'am from mumbai and with a keen interest in robotics. 'am in 1st yr engg.if possible contact me at utkarsh_sinha@excite.com or add me in yahoo as "warsayo" or MSn as "utkarshsinha@hotmail.com" . c u soon.
:)
- warsayo

ice
07-27-2004, 12:17 AM
hey!
Stay in Mulund,Mumbai.
user name :ice

Built fire fightin ,line follower machines.
homepage: http://www.machinegrid.com
nice knowing u,
bye- gerry

warsayo
07-27-2004, 11:29 AM
hey gerry nice to c a.
first of all ur site s pretty cool with all the stuffs at their rite places.

also its good to meet a person on the web like ya.

btw mostly i'll also get admission in RAIT .

ciao

- warsayo

ice
07-27-2004, 11:40 AM
Hey cool warsayo,
theres good robotics activity there.U can head some competitions.
There's a robotics society too.I was the last secretary.There was some problem because the profs got changed.
U can get it up if u want too.
bye .Best of luck for ur admissions.
aloha,
ice

vikas
07-27-2004, 12:44 PM
Your right !!!
A local club is always much better and a good way to know people with the same intrests . Go ahead and if tell us if you do something :)

Bye

rvbugged
07-27-2004, 01:03 PM
Hey,

I'm from Dombivli.

I have beeb thru u site, ice....it's cool.I think we all can benefit from ur experience.Anyway I can get in touch with u???

Best of luck for ur admission warsayo..where do u stay in mumbai??

Let me know if we can meet sometime...

rvbugged

ice
07-27-2004, 01:36 PM
k, u guys .first ,The robotics society was in my college ie RAIT,nerul
i kind of framed the sentense wrong
But that doesn't matter.
we can make one too.Maybe meet once a month.
That'll be cool.I stay in mulund,By the way.
anyway my name's gerry.just in case u want to associate me,i own and manage the irobotics yahoo group.
to join:
groups.yahoo.com/group/irobotics

I like this group too.It has a lot of features and stuff yahoo ain't .
Vikas[admin] has those whom i don't know, have really done a good job with this site.

aloha,
ice
[-gerry/Irobotics owner]

rvbugged
07-27-2004, 05:20 PM
yes..u are right we can meet, may be once in month.

My Name is Rakesh and a newbie to this field.

Gerry, I've been thru ur site and u have really done quite amount of work in this field...

Do u have any microcontroller (uc) kit to work on these projects or just the uc itself.

thanks in advance.

rvbugged.

warsayo
07-27-2004, 07:46 PM
hey guys first of all thnx for ur support for my admission (ice and rvbugged).

well i stay in vashi ie is in navi mumbai and very near to RAIT.

actually i am also a newbie to the field of robotics.my main interest is in AI programming.

and i am really really interested to meet u guys if possible for u all.

so tht we can fix a date on which we'll all meet.

also ice and rvbugged if possible give me some tips for AI programming and abt the uC's where will u get them from???

and for how much??

again gys thnx you very much and its really nice to c u all.

- warsayo

Sorcerer
07-31-2004, 12:02 AM
hey guys

srry took my time replying here, been busy

finally the mumbai crowd rears it's head. i'm in SPCE, 2nd year, IT branch. what bout y'all?

chetsinc
09-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Me from RAIT too ...

I'm verry interested in making something related with uCs ..

With Gerry (ice)'s aashirvaad ... I was able to make this nice little parallel port controlled thing for our festival Whizion 2004 this year ... unfortunately our left wheel started slipping at the last moment.. we did have an extra wheel but we'd fixed the earlier one using araldite ( the earlier night at 2 am) and it woulda taken Hercules to pry it out .. Plus I was part of the organizing team so there really wasnt any time to call for Hercules.

That apart, Whizion drew an exceptional number of participants this year ... Level 1 : (manual) drew 200+ entries compared to 100 last year ... Level 2 : (computer-controlled) got 65 entries compared to 15 or so last year .. level 2 competition went on till 12 in the night .. the first prize winners emerging at 11:30 pm ...

So did u finally get admission in RAIT, warsayo ? I'm waiting ;)

warsayo
09-12-2004, 12:01 PM
yea chetan got admitted in RAIT n got ragged like hell on da second day of college.coz by mistake i wore the "Here comes the DEVIL" tee, so got stuck there.also got ragged in da HM canteen.

man lifes becoming a bit difficult for now.

ciao

- warsayo

ice
09-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Yea RaIT rocks...
u guys have still to go thru 4 /3 years ,u'll be rockers by then.
I got ragged like hell on my second day...Hey but that college taught me alot of stuff ...
Just stay tuned for Horizons...the college walls actually **shudder** with the MUSIC.

ice
//gerry

CodeWarrior
01-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Hello,
I am from New Bombay and want to exchange ideas.

Regards.

mohit
01-16-2005, 12:46 AM
Hello,
Hmm, lot of RAIT buzz here...
Anyways im from malad, mumbai. 3rd yr at Atharva College.
great to know tht so many plp are interested in robotics here in Mumbai.
Is everybody going to IIT Techfest this year? Maybe we all could meet there. Im participating in Micromouse and having a hell of a time to complete it before 26th.
Cya,
MoHiT
www.botic.com/mobots
(Havent updated it since a long time)

ice
01-16-2005, 09:47 AM
hey Mohit,
Yea alot of RAIT buzzzzz.i'm from there too :lol:

Why dont you start a thread on Yantriki...so tht u guys can discuss competition stuff and meet up..

..ice

surephenomenon
02-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Hey Ppl ice,warsayo,abbyzcool...im a 2nd year mech engg from Rizvi,i tried to get an entry into the IIT techfest and got prty far with it except that the main snag was that my partners were from pune and coordinating was a pain in the ass...am looking forward to team members from mumbai..btw i live in parle and thoughmost of u live around the vashi area id love to coordinate with u guys....be looking for replies and new teammates ..ciao

ice
02-21-2005, 10:08 AM
hmm..
well ive graduated ,dont know if they will allow graduated students,becuse some of the rules state tht.
May be a club will do great :lol: :D

enforcer
02-21-2005, 11:56 PM
hi there
this is pavan from dombivli
ENFORCER is what i am called in cyberspace.
i can work on pc interface and electronics stuff.
any one who needs my help contact me.
i am doing my third year be in electronics at PIIT NEW PANVEL.
would love to hear from u guys.

thank you
ENFORCER

nchinoy
05-23-2005, 04:44 PM
Hello People,

Good to see a lot of people for Mumbai are into robotics and micro's.... Well I was born here but never studied here... I have been a true nomade.. ;-) As in did my studies till 3 std in Mumbai , then went to Bihar (YEP you read it right) studied in a beautiful hostel *Vikas Vidhyalaya* till my X std.. Then off to south india (karnataka) a small place called Karkala near Manipal... Did my PUC (Pre - University College) there ..its same as 11 and 12th or Junior College in Mumbai...

Finally i was off to OZ land (Australia, Melbourne) to do my double degree in CS/CSE.. Now i am back from Aus and am working with my dad... We are into making Induction Heating machines... my job here is simple to add as much A.I and uC based control and diagonstics to help life simpler for the user....

Anyways it would be great fun to interact with you people ....

Take care and enjoy ...

Nimesh

EmbeddedGuy
11-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Hello,
I am from New Bombay. I am in microcontroller area. Want to meet people with same interest.

Bye

in_event_horizon
02-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Hi guys am frm bandra looking forward to some real good stuff in assembly programming , would likee to work on robotics as well , currently workin on AVR , am a to be engg frm mum univ , got a lot of KTs never liked to study ,
looking for guys with simillar intrests

contact mangesh_8051@hotmail.com