PDA

View Full Version : ROBONOVA - was designed by an Indian 18 year old!!

allbits
08-16-2010, 09:09 PM
How many knew the Robonova was made by an Indian? that too an 18 year old? So was the bioloid. They were originally named 'A SET', but the name was a bit too bad commercially, so they changed it into Bioloid and ROBONOVA.

check this out - (see what the creator has to say - scroll to 2:30 - 3:00)

http://www.hindustantimes.com/audio-news-video/diwakar-vaish-takes-toy-obsession-to-the-world-cup/article2-575400.aspx
http://getahead.rediff.com/slide-show/2010/aug/16/slide-show-1-career-meet-diwakar-vaish-designer-of-four-humanoid-robots.htm

docel
08-16-2010, 09:23 PM
...sorry- I missed the April 1st news papers....

Sooo many hush-hush things going on in my Country, eh??? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

vikas
08-16-2010, 11:13 PM
These companies should sue his ass :) for a million dollars atleast. Really pathetic ...

Indian Media is screwed !!!

docel
08-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Is this diwaker guy claiming on TV that he made the Robonova and the Bioloid ? Strange !
This guy is all over the internet with wild claims.

Looks easy enough to become famous. Buy a kit, change some color, add a name ( preferably your Sponsors) claim you designed/programmed it yourself , become famous.

But then- where are the real true kids who have made stuff themselves with their own hands???

I know nothing about any International Robotic competition where 40 countries participated in Delhi?
Does any one from Delhi know of this event ?
I searched Quanta2009 but did not find it there either..

vikas
08-17-2010, 11:39 AM
To me it looks like a PR stunt by sharda university. Only in india do we have cars running on water, Petrol from herbs , Rs 500 computers ... and our dumb media covers it :) .

docel
08-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Quite possible, seeing the timing of sharda University is Ad perfect for their current year Admissions.

I was surprised to read, see and hear all the nonsense about Diwaker Vaish claims. He openly says he designed the Isotope and programmed it himself on the live News channels (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=diwaker+vaish+ROBO&aq=f), when all he has done is buy the ready kits from ROBONOVA (http://www.google.co.in/images?um=1&hl=en&newwindow=1&rlz=1B3GGGL_enIN321IN321&biw=1280&bih=577&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=ROBONOVA+pic&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=) and BIOLOID (http://www.google.co.in/images?hl=&q=bioloid+pic&rlz=1B3GGGL_enIN321IN321&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=ng1qTKi0KJDcvQONpfz9Aw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCwQsAQwAA&biw=1280&bih=577). all that he has done is add red color , change the name plate to A-SET ( his sponsor) thats all.

allbits
08-17-2010, 02:50 PM
His claims, as I saw in various websites/newspapers/you tube videos..::

1) First dancing ROBOT in the world!!
2) He designed EVERYTHING from scratch
3) He cannot disclose the total amount for the yellow (Robonova) because of sponsorship issues, but says the research cost came to more than 5 lakhs..!! (the robonova costs around 50K USD)
4) He expects to win an event at FIRA. If he is let in at FIRA competitions with a robonova or a bioloid, I would assume FIRA is fraud as well.
5) He claims to be the only entry from India at the FIRA!!

and a lot more.
lot lot more.

Is it that the guy is plain dumb? How stupid can he be to assume no one in India knows about Robonova? How stupid cn be the sponsors? How stupid can be the media?

Imagine the sponsorship he might get for this fraud. And he has started to give workshops too. alright. in what? assembling from a kit?

akshay66
08-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Some days ago when my dad was reading newspaper he told me to go through this article.After i read it my dad said that you should do something like this something big don't just make some crappy robots of no use make something like this.Then i told him everything about this guy and how fake he is.He said that the media isn't a fool.

This shows that our indian media show these things just for the heck of it.They actually don't do their homework.They easily catch when two popular actors wear same shoes but don't have any idea what actually A-SET is................

Many times I see technology related news on TV and the news channels just show people for TRP and are not giving actual knowledge.Some days ago i saw a college guy had mad ea remote controlled car.Car here is referred to as Maruti Omni.The used a old maruti omni and put some electronics and motors in it and actually made it remote controlled.It wasn't fake he had actually worked on it and made it almost from 2nd hand things.I really appreciated that day that how the guy told everything to media i could be seen from his talk that he had made it.

I completely agree with vikas that these companies should case on him.This is a big insult for actually Indian hobbyists.

People should work for the benefit of community not for money and fame.

shobhitkukreti
08-17-2010, 07:16 PM
I too got excited when i read the thread name. Sadly this person is fake and Indian Media gave it such a big coverage without checking the credentials.

freeloader
08-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Looks like another Ankit Fadia in the making ... Scammers

anilmaddala
08-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Loads of crap... I have been waiting to get this kit for years and this guy shows up claiming to be his own invention. I cant do much about the media coverage but want to post about his fraud in every single one of youtube videos...

He acts so cool... %^(^*)%%^&^& You can fit all the words in.

allbits
08-20-2010, 09:05 AM
there is more... lol..

One of my friends run an educational consultancy, and he saw this vid in youtube and was impressed. His field is NOT robotics, but he was anyways planning to do a workshop, and called this guy for his workshop.. The guy did not reply to his mail, but here is what he told him over phone::

Fee per head :: 15,000 to 22,000 for 4 days.
Level :: Basic
Free Items in kit :: Multivibrator and audio amplifier
Syllabus:: did not send.mention
Additional payment for robotics kit.

Also, quoted 30lakhs for an advanced biped he is willing to sell.
And yes, claimed he is paid 10,000 per hour for his classes normally!!!

Luckily for my friend, the guy did not reply to his mail with more details.. They might have taken the workshop cause they thought he was someone huge..

Pretty easy to fool people, ???

akshay66
08-20-2010, 05:21 PM
I can't believe this............. 30,00,000 for a biped. I think we should seriously do something whatever is happening is not fair :( :(

shashak
08-20-2010, 06:34 PM
What to say this has happen and will going to happen, for many years my parents, relative pull these kind of kind of article to induce me to achieve this kind of glory. Initially i felt frustrated and after some instance i start ignoring these. As it was not part of SOP that i taken while taking this hobby seriously.
I had one instance of own, for my major project my department gave me gold medal but college management forget to hold ceremony and when i sold same project to other students of different college they hit the local news paper headline even with group photo and not a mention of my name. So this how things happen this fellow is jokers and will wipe out easy so just enjoy their show and hold your nerves.
Anyways with this fellow at least we can go to FIRA Bangalore to bo him !
-------------------------------
Best part was really at 2:30 - 3:30 and what, next year MIT and Stanford great yaar!
Had u notice he had not spare even WWE undertaker 's tune.

asimov_18
08-20-2010, 10:56 PM
All I can say is that if you are influencial and have contacts and/or money you can claim that you made the Qutab Minar in India!!!! All I see is that all legal and illegal stuff goes on

and boss saab chalta hai yeh India hai merae doost!!!!

Asimov

docel
08-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Anyways with this fellow at least we can go to FIRA Bangalore to bo him !

FIRA ?? Well , all the best- have fun!
http://www.roboticsindia.com/showthread.php/2664-FIRA-09-FIRA-2010?highlight=fira
http://www.roboticsindia.com/showthread.php/2675-humanoid-robots?highlight=fira

I think this Diwaker Vaish fraud has got this "30Lakh" idea from them. All the FIRA humanoids are upwards of $14,000.00.

Probably- someone must ask the FIRA guys if it is ok to compete with a KHR-HV, ROBONOVA or BIOLOID, for starters.....
The only difference between FIRA Humanoids and ROBONOVA, according to FIRA , is the ratio of the legs. They dont consider them to be humanoids at all.
The Rules are such that they eliminate other robots like KHR-HV and the like.

Coolpratheesh
08-20-2010, 11:51 PM
Guys go to 4.45 of this vid and check the chest of the bot ...... he he lol he hasnt even taken the effort of erasing Hi-tech fron its chest he has just used a black marker to hide it .........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDlYhu3VJW8

Coolpratheesh
08-20-2010, 11:58 PM
very very sorry for the bad language on the forum but could not hide my feelings.....

allbits
08-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Just remove the F words.
or there is a good chance that the mods will remove you .

rao
08-21-2010, 02:49 AM
Why not just write an email to HiTech about this? This discussion is anyways getting pointless and out of hand at the same time. I will probably write the email and point them to this thread.

allbits
08-21-2010, 12:18 PM
@rao.

Thats great, if you can. This guy could have been ignored as just another case of fraud in the amateur robotics industry, but considering the MASSIVE media publicity and the possible money involved, it is better to do something about it.

Coolpratheesh
08-21-2010, 06:09 PM
@ rao
do that dude you have our support....

anilmaddala
08-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Hi guys.. i had the privilege to talk to this guy... got of the phone right now. When asked regarding the course... asked me to call on monday... :D

The only thing I am thinking is, if someone proceeds legally this so called b-tech 1st year genius will have no future.

rao
08-22-2010, 01:03 AM
Mail Sent.

akshay66
08-22-2010, 07:51 PM
I am gonna write a mail to this guy anonymously tonight lets see what he has to say :)

docel
08-23-2010, 12:57 AM
:) man !! You got to HEAR that guy talking !!!
You'll be stumped- for sure......:eek:

akshay66
08-23-2010, 09:17 PM
What happened doc?? please share , I'm curious ;)