PDA

View Full Version : Problem with XBee Series 2 RF module

vigyanabikshu
09-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Hi Friends,

The XBee pair is not working
Part No: XB24-BWIT-004 (XBee z net Series 2)
Connected XBee1 and XBee2 as 3.3VDC to VCC, GND, and Tx and Rx pins of micro-controller to DIN and DOUT respectively
Send data @9600 baud rate from XBee1, XBee2 not receiving
Did I need any setup?

I had used two XBee pairs without any setup 1 year ago similarly and worked fine @9600 baud rate. I don't remember their part no. I think they may be XBee Series 1 modules.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

akshay66
09-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Your description is alright.Use multimeter it often proves to be helpful.

where did you buy from????

shashak
09-08-2010, 12:20 AM
have you check are they alive using its AT commands?

vigyanabikshu
09-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Thanks for your reply

I connected to both XBEEs to computer via rs232 on the same circuit.
It is alive and I set the following:
XBee1
MY=FFFE
ID=183
DH=0
DL=FFFE
SH=13A200
SL=40628BF9

XBee2
MY=FFFE
ID=183
DH=0
DL=FFFE
SH=13A200
SL=40628BF9

But still they are not communicating

Thanks

vigyanabikshu
09-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Your description is alright.Use multimeter it often proves to be helpful.

where did you buy from????

AQTRONICS, Bangalore - http://www.aqtronics.com/

robosoftsystems
01-14-2011, 08:58 PM
The Zigbee Series modules that you used, differ from the Series 2 modules in their functionality & behavior.
XBee-PRO 802.15.4 (Formerly Series 1) RF modules are point-2-point & point to multipoint, whereas the series 2 modules are partial mesh.
From what I see in your post, MY=FFFE, is an incorrect id, as long as I remember, it indicates unknown/unmapped device in series 2 modules.
Further if u are sure that it is proper, check to find if u program one to be a co-coordinator & the other to be a end-device/Router. If not so make sure that you have done that.

If they are programmed as a co-ordinator & end-device/Router, then you many want to correct your powering sequence. There needs to be a co-ordinator present in the network before any end-node/router can be made a part of a network & assigned a n/w id.

The main mapping table is maintained by the master(co-ordinator). So without it in the n/w, there will be no communication.

Hope it helps. tc :)

Rohan Soni
(Robosoft Systems)

vigyanabikshu
01-15-2011, 09:52 PM
You r correct. I purchased the point-2-point pair and works well. I will try you mensioned later. Thanks for you reply

The Zigbee Series modules that you used, differ from the Series 2 modules in their functionality & behavior.
XBee-PRO 802.15.4 (Formerly Series 1) RF modules are point-2-point & point to multipoint, whereas the series 2 modules are partial mesh.
From what I see in your post, MY=FFFE, is an incorrect id, as long as I remember, it indicates unknown/unmapped device in series 2 modules.
Further if u are sure that it is proper, check to find if u program one to be a co-coordinator & the other to be a end-device/Router. If not so make sure that you have done that.

If they are programmed as a co-ordinator & end-device/Router, then you many want to correct your powering sequence. There needs to be a co-ordinator present in the network before any end-node/router can be made a part of a network & assigned a n/w id.

The main mapping table is maintained by the master(co-ordinator). So without it in the n/w, there will be no communication.

Hope it helps. tc :)

Rohan Soni
(Robosoft Systems)