PDA

View Full Version : JTAG Debugger for ARM7/Cortex M3

avinash_g
11-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Hi,

I am looking for a good JTAG debugger for ARM7/9 and Cortex M3 MCUs. It must be USB based and fast. Are their any good free IDE that can debug using OpenOCD? I need a GUI debugger because I find text based debugger like the gdb (gnu debugger) very uneasy to work with.

So is there any way using free software? because professional ARM tools are costly.

Any one used OpenOCD with Eclipse IDE?

vikas
11-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Maybe try this -

http://shop.ngxtechnologies.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=30

I never liked Eclipse as i use Netbeans with ARM9 ( remote devlopment on windows with ssh based connections ) , but OpenOCD + arm I have not used.

avinash_g
11-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Hi,

That was also in my list.

Also, do you mean you are running Linux on ARM9 and using SSH based connection to run the remote debugging?

Because my board is NOT so powerful to run Linux I can't use that method. I am basically developing standalone apps (not Linux based).

On the other hand if we use Microchips PIC32's its very easy as the MPLAB is a good IDE with full debugging capability and GUI interface to speed up! Also its free. And a ICD2 hardware is good debugger. I mean lot less confusion here. The PIC32 are MIPS core and claims highest MIPS/MHz.