PDA

View Full Version : Rs 200 MP3 player

asimov_18
11-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Hi geeks,
I bought a car MP3 player adapter from Nehru Place today for 200 Rs. What all is included . A small Mp3 player with an inbuilt FM transmitter.
It accepts mmc cards and a USB pen drive. There is also an IR remote with this, Seems to be a good bargain for 200 Rs. Chinese people have made electronics truly use and throw......
I really wonder if electronic is going so cheap whats the future of electronics engineer....

Asimov

shashak
11-29-2010, 08:05 PM
is it adapter with lighter plug connection. Here it cost around 800 something (my frnd had brought that). 200 is very good bargain. But i also doubt the merchant at Nehuru place had procured from legal channel, means as you al know lot of time these stuff are stolen/smuggle/or what you name it on large scale from ports itself. So all 200 and 800 goes to ppl involved after the port and OEM/importer got nothing out of that 200 or 800.
And with these kind of stuff are not good for environment at least if not for electronics industry.

asimov_18
11-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Yup it the same cigarette lighter attachment you are talking about. This is available at many places for about the same price as I quoted.

Asimov

vikas
11-29-2010, 08:26 PM
future of electronics engineerMost have jump to IT as soon as they graduate ... and the hardcore ones will find a way.

Anyhow i always wonder how the Chinese achieve such margins ... or no margins :) ... yet support manpower and do R&D.

As for the mp3 player -

http://cgi.ebay.in/Convert-CAR-FM-Radio-Pendrive-Card-MP3-Player-Remote-/310274121359?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item483dc75e8f

Rs 219 @ ebay

virgo
11-30-2010, 03:56 AM
I am not sure whether china really does R&D or not but we all know that china is world's "manufacturing printer". I had read some article in mumbai mirror in which it was mentioned that

GE’s frustration might have arisen from the fact that Chinese policies require that foreign companies disclose their technology, patents and other trade secrets. Else they are not given permission to operate, or big government contracts. Given the huge appetite of potential orders from China, most Western companies cannot resist.

Here is the link to article http://www.mumbaimirror.com/printarticle.aspx?page=comments&action=translate&sectid=44&contentid=201007032010070302134840236e736ae&subsite=

allbits
11-30-2010, 05:53 AM
another fact, is in the advertising.

Have you ever seen a single ad of these chinese products anywhere?? Yet they sell like hotcakes. They break even better.

While, most of the branded stuff have heavy cost on ads. i guess it comes up to 30%. And they dont sell as much as the cheap ones, mostly because the brand conscious population is actually a small fraction compared to the price conscious population, especially in India.

vikas
11-30-2010, 07:43 AM
Selling by quantity that quality :).

I think they must be doing r&d , ive seen so many new innovative , cost conscious products from chinese. Which i have not seen anywhere else.

Indiatimes advertises them , and a lot of Indian companies rebrand and sell them. And as for the brand conscious ... mainy in a few cities and middle class + , not the real india.