PDA

View Full Version : Stepper motor availability

ashwanthh
01-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi all,

For my project, i need a stepper motor with a step angle of 6.5 degrees/step. But i couldnt find it in the net.

Someone please help me where to find the stepper motor for this configuration.

Thank you.

utkarshjain
01-12-2011, 12:00 AM
in addition to above i want to ask how to couple a stepper motor(a typical one) with a typical wheel?

vikas
01-12-2011, 12:53 AM
And may i ask why is this required ? Any specific application ? as i tell people to avoid steppers till possible ...

I dont know of place where 6.5 degree / step will be available , but 1.8 is widly available cant you you can make it move multiple steps to achieve similar results.

ashwanthh
01-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Hi vikas, Thanks for u r quick reply,

For my project, i want to make the material to make an ellipse motion. So, after all the calculations it was possible to attach a stepper motor shaft to another motor so that it makes an ellipse. In this case, the step angles needed for my purpose are 15 degree and 6.5 degree. Both should be done in 6 steps simultaneously to acheive an ellipse motion. I can find out the 15 degree one, but i cant find the 6.5 degree . so, is there any motor for that config or is there an alternative method to achieve the config. Please help ..

MGear
01-13-2011, 02:44 PM
How about using gears to get that? (Just a suggestion)