PDA

View Full Version : Line follower

puneetverma24
01-20-2011, 12:47 AM
i had made a simple line follower with two sensor which work perfectly in simple tracks

but how to tackle track having

1) having trees
2) breaks (Discontinuities in tracks )
3 )dead ends and diversion

puneetverma24
01-22-2011, 12:01 AM
i found the solution that if my bot take only left or only right turn always whenever there is more then one choice (turns) is available ,then it will reach the end

but when ever it make U turn (180") my bot didn't come in right place in track ,

i want to know how to calibrate bot so that it moves exactly 180" as require , i am using dc geared motors

docel
01-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Use a Flip-flop and switch the Default turning to the opposite side during ( and triggered by ) the 180deg turn.

Good Luck !

robosoftsystems
01-29-2011, 09:51 PM
the amount of description of your line follower design is insufficient to suggest what method can be used.
Try to specify what you are using in the circuit (only comparators, or microcontroller, etc)

As of now all i can say is that, you can try taking a blind Left/Right turn by moving on wheel fwd, while the other one backward. Than will allow you to take a turn at the same point. Further, u will have to tune your delay of blind turn, such that you are able to achieve 180deg or any other degree of turn, so that you are able to overcome discontinuities/ make decision upon meeting dead ends.

Hope that helps.

Rohan Soni
(Robosoft Systems)