PDA

View Full Version : Is Delhi brain dead ???

vikas
07-27-2004, 12:50 AM
Hey guys

Seems like lots of people coming from mumbai and other south regions . Where are u delhiites ( or there is a drought in field of robotics :) for delhi )

rao
07-27-2004, 01:00 AM
I was thinking the same thing!!

What is the matter with delhiites??

I am one!! Vikas is one!! where are the others??

Rao

rao
07-28-2004, 02:05 PM
Let me reframe that....

Is North India Brain Dead????

We've got peeps from mumbai, chennai, B'lore...

What about UP, Delhi, noida,and other neighbouring places???

Rao

nitingautam
07-30-2004, 06:20 PM
Hi!

No Delhi Brain Not Dead Yet..
I am in search of place in delhi from where i can buy things related to Robots.

Cia...

rao
07-30-2004, 06:29 PM
Check the Buy and sell part of the forum dude...

The best place is Lajpat Rai Market.. in front of Lal Quila

Shop No 614(Mehta Brothers) for microsmand Ics, the shop in front of it for motors, Shop No. 810 Ahuja... for the electronic spare parts... cheap ...

Finally.. Delhi has shown some brain activity...

Let this be a good omen :lol:

Rao

Sorcerer
07-30-2004, 11:41 PM
Is North India Brain Dead????

uhh.... what brain???? all the brain power is concentrated in mumbai and bangalore

gsharma
11-02-2004, 04:41 AM
Hi,

Here is another one from delhi !!!

Gaurav

ingenium
11-02-2004, 12:14 PM
not yet...
but it is moving in that direction.... :lol:
here is another one from delhi....
Subhasis

vikas
11-04-2004, 11:31 PM
Nice

Now we have about 4 people from delhi ... how about we meet in Diawali holidays .... What do u all say .

Vikas

ingenium
11-05-2004, 10:23 AM
gr8 idea....
I am looking forward to it...
Subhasis

01-16-2005, 09:33 AM
hi friends , any one interested for jointly making robots for tryst with me
my expertise is hardware electronics analog and digital micro controller pic16f84a and 12c508. i am looking for someone who knows avr or 8051s. u can contact me and we can discuss asimov_18@hotmail.com

pkshima
05-11-2005, 03:55 PM
heres another one :-)

North Indian brains are not dead. they have just been active on some other robo/ectronics sites.

Its so strange that I did millions of searches on google on the topic but this site never figured.

vidur
05-11-2005, 07:35 PM
ALoha

Another one From DILLI!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

firebolt_4u
06-20-2005, 12:51 PM
hey ppl
North India RULEZ
me from chandigarh , but i feel that robotics is really lacking here
but delhi guys have a lot more resources
give us the guns and c us fire guys!!
tc
n keep botting

3d
06-20-2005, 03:48 PM
here in dce we hace a full fledged dedicated team of 8 students who are currently in the process of adding robotics skills to the college Special Interest Groupon robotics.we are adding capabilities and infrastructure to the college robotics lab. iitd has got excellent facilities and iitkanpur is a forerunner in this field ..........so north india is not brain dead....in fact quality is here.... quantity is everywhere else :wink:

Tullu
06-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Hi all,

There has been initiatives in the past for delhiites to gather, to no avail i guess.

I will be so glad to join you all during diwali..
Am a beginner, 70% through with a basic analog robot.
check out my site .. http://geocities.com/anubhavxgoel

I should be through with this one by the time we meet.

cheers!
Anubhav

rao
06-20-2005, 08:46 PM
Whoa!!

Diwali!! Man you plan well ahead...

We were thinking more on the steps of this or next month...

dependant on the response..

I believe most of the engg. colleges are off for the moment.. so students are free...

What say...

Inform availability

Rao

3d
06-21-2005, 02:29 PM
lets alll meet up in july first week or somewhere around that time....it will be a nice break from the monotony of vacations.

rao
06-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Sure!!!

I am the most "doing nothing wasting time" person at the moment

just keep up to your words...

we will be there

Rao

Tullu
06-22-2005, 10:25 AM
:))

I was thinking about the last meeting plan i read somewhere in this site, while writing the message, hence i wrote "diwali"..

Nope, that too far by all means, men could roam the milky way by that time.. and all cows would come home for sure.. while i sit blissfully staring at my analog obstacal avoiding circuit.

I am in.. whatever time, whatever place.

1st week of july sounds great, if it can be a friday night, or sat/sun.. that will be great coz I am working mon-friday.

Please let me know..

Cheers!
Anubhav

gauravrobo
06-23-2005, 12:59 PM
hey dudes.....
welll....
lo mein aa gaya......one more guy frm delhi.
my name is gaurav agarwal and yes....i am also working on robots..and so many peoples too but our efforts and members are far and unaware frm eachother so its time to unite and to make a team for delhi peoples.i think we have to start our own lab .....i know..i know....it sounds slightly costly but firstly we will go with scratch. are yaar ek saath chalu to karo...phir dekhna....dhire dhire kahan pahochte hain.....so dear delhites....lets start the mission ROBOLUTION INDIA ( robot revolution in india).
so.......
lets begin ....
first of all collect everybodies mobile number and decide a meeting point.....

gaurav

Tullu
06-24-2005, 02:47 PM
How about 2nd of july (Saturday) ?

I believe pebble street at new friends colony could be central to many (except west delhi guyz).

Could start with chilled beers at 5-6 pm ?
please post your availabilities..

My number is 9811909775.

cheers to robolution!
;)
Anubhav

rao
06-25-2005, 01:18 PM
Lol!!

Chilled beers... reminds me of the last robotics meet I and Vikas organised...
No one showed up.. so I and vikas ended up clashing beer bottles :P

Robolution... Anubhav, 3d, dudes, you seem to be enthusiastic...
Seems.. this time the meet might click :wink:

Also.. Anubhav.. please dont give ur mobile no. publically... might end up in the hands of spammers or misusers... Pass it to those who ask using PM or email... Hope you understand...

Rao

3d
06-25-2005, 06:17 PM
let the site admins put up 2 or 3 suitable dates and then we all can vote on the dates and decide.........watsay guys???

gauravrobo
06-25-2005, 07:04 PM
hi all ,
again me gaurav.......m searching for robolution india team.......whats the matter....i think 3rd july will be the best time for us in New Freinds Colony.i think that day is sunday and suitable for all of us.
hey vikas...do u remember me....we had talk before 1 year and i told u to meet me and start a practicle club.......
till then
go robots

gaurav

rao
06-26-2005, 03:46 PM
sounds fine.. but is NFC close to everyone?

and does ever yone know the route to "pebble street"??

Atleast I and Vikas dont

choose a common place... discuss

Rao
Site Admin

Tullu
06-27-2005, 12:10 PM
Guys,

Pebble street is in the thick of the other pubs >> Mezz/ego/nothing authentic/ kabab factory etc.. they are all right behind hotel sofitel surya.

If you are coming in from outer ring road, Panshsheel > GK > Nehru Place>Kalkaji Mandir flyover > take the left towards ashram , down the flyover, you would see the hotel standing tall on your right, take the right from the red light, left from where the hotel ends, on your left you will find these pubs.

From inner ring road> LJpt ngr new flyover> DAV College flyover> do not take the ashram chawk flyover, instead go underneath it and take a right, towads new friends colony:
around 1 km, you will find a main red light, on your left you would see the hotel.. take a left .. then same as above..

You can suggest other spots in case this gets to be of any pain, I have no problems driving around, the weather is getting pleasant by the day!

Just one thought :roll: , If we can make it a saturday,it will b e great coz monday is again a working day. In case saturday is a real pain for any one of us, then lets do this on sunday, no issues.

cheers,
Anubhav
p.s. another economical and sober spot is scorpion moon in green park(it does serve liqour), am sure you all have your favourites :) .. spots dont matter too much I guess, as long as everyone is enthu to meet up.

rao
06-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Gee anubhav dude!!!

Hope we get enough robotics talk this time we meet before
passing out drunk :P

Rao

humpty_Dumpty
06-30-2005, 01:09 AM
hi guys,
i too am frm delhi ,studying in NSIT and going into my second year at NSIT.
i too am interested in the meet,
waiting fr the final dates
humpty

07-02-2005, 11:37 AM
Guyz..

Yesterday only, I was as pebble street with another gang, got piss drunk !! good fun..
Today , I was hoping to repeat my experience with my new gang.. and start something new..

No response !! .. no YES I WOULD JOIN.. or .. NO I CANT MAKE IT .. lets do it on such n such date/time ..

Yaar kuch karo yaar.. get your lazy asses out of that bed :) (please dont mind dudes.. i am probably the older guy on this site..)

Ok .. i think there is one sureshot way to make u lazy bumms leave ur beloved circuit for a few hours and see how the city has changed in last few years.. and thats the following way:

- Leave PM to Rao/vikas - stating your phone numbers.
- I would be very willing to follow up on all the people in this gang to meet up.. believe me .. i am good at it.. I have dragged people to parties during indo-pak matches.. so u can trust me.. everyone will b there.. provided I have ur phone numbers ..
- so Rao/Vikas could do the above .. or pass the buck to me.. and let me do the dirtywork..

today's meeting is officially called off I guess.. due to attendance problems.. i guess proxy wont work in our situation.. hence the next robolution conference would be posted once rao/vikas have enough numbers to follow up on.. :lol:

cheers!
Anubhav

vkp
10-29-2005, 01:01 PM
:D . delhi is now having a lots of robotic mind.

the_robo_guy
10-29-2005, 06:41 PM
Nice

Now we have about 4 people from delhi ... how about we meet in Diawali holidays .... What do u all say .

Vikas

cool vikas where do you guys want to meet up?

vikas
10-30-2005, 12:38 AM
Did you read the date on that one ???

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:01 am

:)

vikas
10-31-2005, 06:24 PM
Ill be coming to CP on 5th Nov arounf 11:30 AM ( Satarday ) ... So if anybody is interested simply send me a PM ... Then ill arange the rest .

buntyindia
01-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Hey Guys!

I am also intrested ...

I am From Rohini,delhi...

U can Visit Robotics Section at my website www.Swades.co.in

Bunty

ubero
03-26-2006, 01:56 PM
when is robolution having its next meet ppl?

buntyindia
03-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Hi Friends!

As a contribution to Robotics in India u can download Latest Robotics Magazine Servo.

address: www.swades.co.in under Robotics Section.

I hope this will help u all guys

BuntyIndia

vikas
03-27-2006, 02:48 AM
Why dont you post a direct link like every one else ... rather than putting a link and go around registring ....

nmittal
03-28-2006, 12:22 AM
Hi,
this one from mathura.

superchiku
04-15-2008, 08:41 PM
u talk abt north india atleast it has its fair share of robotists , but think abt east india here in bhubaneswar robotics id a far cry atleast in my knowledge , we got only one useless shop here which keeps robotics parts that also very few , so any of you want to spread robotics in eastern side of india then please do arrange spme workshops here in bhubaneswar , we relly need pplz here

rohan_bhatia
05-02-2008, 11:22 AM
hi iam from delhi, i have had my bot running for last 1 month. just waiting for some competitions

attrish
05-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Well m frm delhi too ,
m into industrial automation and worked with industrial robos.
But when i was in collage i haven't had much fun with embeded n robotics coz of money the biggest issue, parts avaibility.

But nowdays me n my friend adarsh use to hav fun with embeded n robotics.
wanna see u all in person guys.

buntyindia
08-16-2008, 11:04 AM
is there any Robotics workshop like http://www.robocrazy.org in delhi where i can join to learn

purecoder
09-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Well I feel, even if it's not dead now but electronics AKA: robotics is suffering in India. There is no reliable source from which you can get good passives at honest cost. (Don't tell me to go buy and sell page, I have been there). And those dealer there, they don't have any idea what they are dealing with. They just know they sell some small small things and take customers on a ride. You will see, faces when you ask for QFN, SOIC, SMD components. Here you can get a capacitor of a COKE CAN size but not an SMD one. The only source I found to get good parts is at farnell.in, but I think they know that they are the only one. Some of their parts are 30 - 200 times costly than actual. Like you can get a QFN header board for 35 rupees but they sell it like 2500.

Anyway it's good to get around with you people. And to add with, I work for a few electronic manufacturers for their web developments. So Incase anyone from Noida, Delhi need some components from TI, Freescale, Microchip, Analog let me know. If I will have some extra stuff out of prototypes, I will happily provide for free. Or may be we can work together in our free time.

Thanks

Dev

purecoder
10-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Are you guys really going to meet in Diwali holidays??