PDA

View Full Version : House wiring help

flashmani
03-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Hi All,
i am plan to wire and extension box for my microwave oven. i bought a 15 amp extension box with a 3pin socket,switch, Fuse and Indicator. I dont know how to wire internally.

Here are my assumptions
Earth wire goes to the third pin of the socket
Neutral wire goes to left pin of the socket
Phase goes to switch->fuse->indicator->right pin of the socket.

Is this sequence is correct? Is the phase should always connect to the right pin?

Is there any site for the Indian Electrical Wiring, where i can find the diagrams and standards for indian house wiring?

I am living in Bangalore, India

Thanks,
Mani

shobhitkukreti
03-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Read Class 8th standard book

vikas
03-04-2011, 08:08 PM
If you are having dought i will recommend call a electrician.

I never recommend beginners dealing with 220V ... it can kill u or set your house on fire. So be very careful when dealing with 220v.

flashmani
03-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Thanks guys..
i got the help from another forum, i did the wiring and it is working fine.
FYI - i am not a beginner.. i have done some wiring before, i just want to make sure, so i asked the question here.
Anyway thanks for the 8th standard book suggestion :-)
And ofcourse as per vikas the beginners should not deal with 220v. Better call the electrician( hard to get for such small work :-( )

kalyanprodhan
07-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Hi,

I dont know why no proper answer with beginner's forum? At least for other's It's given here. I think flashmani will never get back with this type of reply.

http://i55.tinypic.com/6f2mip.jpg

Thanks

lolman_returns
07-04-2011, 03:17 AM
@kalyanprodhan: How about we safely assume that based on the title of this website, this question had nothing to do with robotics. But regardless, thanks for the nice schematic.