PDA

View Full Version : New Comp

sid_galt
04-20-2005, 04:40 PM
So I need to get a new CPU as mine is going way too slow.
I know that new processors are coming out early next year but I desperately need one now.

Should I go for assembled or branded? If I decide for assembled, how should I filter out fakes?

If I go for branded should I go for HP or Dell?

Thanks

vidur
04-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Assembled!!

..but either buy from a trusted dealer OR buy all parts and assemble it yourself if you can ( BEST IDEA )

Ask the dealer to give you a receipt of all the parts he's put in....dont buy from a dealer who doesnt oblige to do this

most quackery occurs with motherboards, hard drives & processors
or any other card u put in

Stuff like processors sound cards, 3d cards, or other strap on cards usually come in boxes & have their own warranty cards

note: some boards have onboards display & sound ckts ...so u dont have to buy em

Things that dont -CD-ROM drives, floppy, mice, Hard disks ,RAM, SMPS & cabinets,keyboards,etc

You'll be paying extra unecessarily for the HP or Dell sticker!

zack
04-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Dude..

The major reason why branded systems are given preference over assembled is due to the fact that all the stuff in a branded PC is syncronized...

if you are an engineer you would know that for synchronous sequential logic devices like memory registers micro processors extra to work at an optimum rate... the clock pulse should be common... This is done in the branded PCs and that is why a branded PC with the same config as of an assembled PC scores over the assembled one...

As far as cost is concerned If you are goin for a new sys and dont give a shit to what I just mentioned.... Go for an assembled PC... (I did too!!! :P :P :twisted: )

vidur
04-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Bub

The branded computer manufacturer doesnt do all this sync stuff...he just assembles the system from a parts procured from singapore or taiwan!
just like a local assembler!

He is not a manufacturer of PCBs...only ASSEMBLES it........Ever seen indside such a PC....all the chips are the same, the only thing is they make their own motherboards, but there is nothing special when compared to Microtek or any other manufacturer.
Recently a big branded computer company IBM & even other motherboard manufacturers made motherboards using bad quality taiwaneese capacitors, which blew up frequently & had to incur major losses
CHeck out this news from the IEEE

http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/WEBONLY/resource/feb03/ncap.html

So much for Quality Standardsfrom Branded PCs :twisted:

I have a Pentium 200MHz MMX processor running computer since 1997....it is assembled, & it works a gazillion times better than some Dell,IBM,HP Zenith Systems based on P-2 & P-3 systems..NO JOKES

Moral of the story---you pay extra cash for the sticker

But if you're still paranoid ...then help yourself with a Branded PC!

subot_robot
04-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Hi,
If u don't know any trustworthy assemblers then u can go with an assembler and buy all the required parts and get that assembler to assemble it for u in your presence and u pay him the assembling charge.

subot_robot

vidur
04-22-2005, 06:49 PM
That works too!

;-)

vidur