PDA

View Full Version : Distributed co-ordination of robot for fire fighting

adroitsundar
07-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Iam doing a project on 'DISTRIBUTED CO-ORDINATION OF ROBOT FOR FIRE FIGHTING'.In this project,we are going to have a master robot and two slave robot.
Master robot is controlled manually by sending a message to move to a location where fire fighting requires. .The work of master is to send slave robot to region(region will be quite nearer) to extinguish fire and slave robots should not conflict with each other.A slave robot is required to operate within the region allocated to it and should be able to avoid obstacle and do their work assigned to them.if a slave robot cannot be able to complete a work assigned to them ,it should send a message to master robot.
My doubt is what kind of wireless communication do i need for this process so that master can send and receive correct message from/to a slave robot i.e if a slave robot has to go to a particular position message has to be send to a particular slave robot and not to the other?
1) Is it possible that wi-fi can be used to produce a unique id to slave robots so that a slave does not receive a wrong message which is not intended for it? .2) Is there any other wireless communication medium which will be effective for my project?
3) Shall i use sonar sensor for it or IR sensor itself will alone be required ?
suggestion are required..

vikas
07-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Is it for a competition ? Do post a link of the competition as that will explain the problem statement better.

1. wifi will be expensive and overkill
2. Use any SPI based trancivers ( XBEE for ex ), most support 127 + devces in concurrent mode.
3. sonar / ir for ? better explaining what the slave do would help , are they to retrace the masters path fro some other location ? or something else ?

roopakjada
07-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Master robot is controlled manually by sending a message to move to a location where fire fighting requires. .The work of master is to send slave robot to region(region will be quite nearer) to extinguish fire and slave robots should not conflict with each other.A slave robot is required to operate within the region allocated to it and should be able to avoid obstacle and do their work assigned to them.if a slave robot cannot be able to complete a work assigned to them ,it should send a message to master robot.

How does the master robot tell where the slave should go ? what is it based on ? sending the signals part is easy you have to look on what information you you are sending to the slave robot so that it will reach the place successfully

My doubt is what kind of wireless communication do i need for this process so that master can send and receive correct message from/to a slave robot i.e if a slave robot has to go to a particular position message has to be send to a particular slave robot and not to the other?
why are you looking at costly solutions for wireless communication?
If just for differentiating as to which robot you are sending the signals then just drop the idea use normal Rf pairs you could transmit a additional piece of information which will tell the robot whether it is responsible or no

3) Shall i use sonar sensor for it or IR sensor itself will alone be required ?
i guess that's to detect obstacles IR sensors would fail when there is extra light(fire) or shadows etc prefer sonars

And again REMEMBER the transmitting info part is easy first concentrate on what info will tell the slave bot which route to take

-Hope this helps :)
Jada Roopak
www.jadaroopak.weebly.com

adroitsundar
07-18-2011, 10:06 PM
I wish to use RF CC2500 module which i think might be best suited for my project.
1) is it possible that slave robot's(having a CC2500 transceiver module) position in co-ordinates can be found by master robot(which is provided with CC2500 transceiver and by sending a RFsignal).co-ordinates here iam referring in two dimension.

adroitsundar
11-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Hi, for the project mentioned above (Distributed co-ordinated fire-fighting robot),i heard that a RF transmitter and Receiver( using ASK,FSK) can be used for communicating between the robots and cheaper and easier to work than CC2500 module(as you mentioned ).But i doubt whether it( RF transmitter ,receiver using ASK,FSK ) has support for differentiating various frequency operated messages,so that a message from robot1 is received only by the particular robot2. Please give me details regarding it()..if there is any module regarding,it will be useful for me..