PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with War Robot

sudarshan
08-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Hi Friends
i am doing a war robot for a competition and i am in need for help from you guys. i still got 25 days more till the competition.
i need help with the following
- kind of weapons
- building materials (body, armour,etc)
- control system ( wire or wireless system, etc)
- drive systems (best motor ratings rpm, torque,differential, track,etc )
- some piece advise & points to remember from the experts here.

please send me some resources and links to components that will be needed

sudarshan
08-11-2011, 05:08 PM
any sugestions and any help. i am also tring to get details in web i dont get any clear idea

any kind of help is welcomed

roopakjada
08-11-2011, 10:55 PM
any sugestions and any help. i am also tring to get details in web i dont get any clear idea
well i'm astonished !

i know one thing for sure. I'm no where comparable to google in terms of infromtaion but here you go....

the weapons depend upon the competition rules
theere are many options
pneumatics to throw away the robot or smash it
flame throwers?
grinders?
cutters?

for build material look into
MS or aluminium reinforced with iron bars

Control system go wireless wires aren't suitable for robot wars even wireless prefer something different(Zigbee?, C2250 ? ) to avoid any interference or let your code handle the interference

well if they allow an IC engine go for one no normal DC motor can beat an IC Engine
other wise look at heavy torque DC motors but a IC engine will cost much less (considering Motor + battery (or even motor alone for super torque) )

first think about these and for a torque rating etc look here http://www.roboticsindia.com/entry.php/184-Robot-Dynamics-Getting-the-Specs-Right

get started and expect to spend a good amount of a good robot

sudarshan
08-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Hi sir
Thanks for the info it got lots of info. i find only pics of robot online when it comes to war robots not about the tips and tricks.
i should have posted the Rules at the begining (plese ignore the unnecessary points).

i see most of thinks you said are against the rules. but i am interested in the below
-grinders
-cutters
-Throwers
-wireless - i wish to choose a wireless with cheaper price both tx and rx modules at less than 2000Rs. what can i get.
(http://www.sunrom.com/rf-wireless/rf-data-modems/rf-modem-2.4-ghz-30-mts-range are these good (or) anything better than this)

-i have a metal geared motor with 25000Rpm motors they give upto 15 kg/cm torque & also i have a 6 volt battery electric screw driver.
-what type of wheel should i use smaller width(2 cm) or wider width (4 cm)
-batteries l am using Li ion battery pack.
-control board atmega 32 robot board from robokits.

- any other type weapons suggestions are also welcomed
also i would like to know where i can get ic engines for robots. i am never heard for such things till i found this competition. where to buy & what to keep in mind.

"
Specification:
BOT SPECIFICATION:•Bot type - manual (maximum limit)
•Bot control type - wired or wireless (dual frequency)
•Bot dimensions-30x30x30 cms (maximum limit)
•Bot weight –including batteries 10 Kgs (maximum limit)
•Voltage - not exceeding 24V (between any 2 terminals in the bot)
•Robot should have a hook fitted in front of it to hold the cable (preliminary)
PRELIMINARY ROUND:
The top 32 teams will be qualified for the further rounds based on points obtained by the bot . The points will be given on basis of the formula
Points=50X-10Y-Z
X=pulling capacity of the bot in kg
Y=time taken by the bot in race in sec
Z=weight of the bot in kg
• Pulling capacity of the bot will be calculated by using weighing machine. (a hook should be provided in the bot to pull against the weighing machine).
• Further matches will on the main arena on pool cum knockout basis

Rules :
•Each team should have maximum of 4 members
•Each and every participant should have a valid id card
•Any part of the bot should not exceed the given dimensions at any time
•Bot should not damage the arena at any cost
•The match would be for 5 mins
•For wired bot the wires should be slack
•IC engines, Inflammable, chemical, explosive weapons should not be used
•If the bot is immobile for 15 sec then the bot will be disqualified.
•Participants are not allowed to touch the bot during the match.
•Students from different institutions can form a single team.
•Maximum of two operators are allowed to control the bot.
•Participants are requested to have necessary protection for their circuits.
•Organizers are not responsible if your circuit is damaged by the opponent
•No tools will be provided by the organizers, participants should bring their own tools
•Jumping and hopping is not allowed.
•In case of a tie, winner will be chosen on the basis of preliminary points
•Participation certificates will be issued to all the registered teams.
•The decision taken by the judges will be final.
•The mentioned rules are subjected to change as per the coordinator’s discretion and will be intimated to the participants.
"

let me know some other things to remember.

Thanks in advance

roopakjada
08-11-2011, 11:51 PM
Hi sir
so, I'm a sir now ? :confused: :p

-grinders
-cutters
well looking at the specs provided i wouldn't be looking into grinders / cutters

throwers
for these you need to look into pneumatics or some very strong solenoid actuated mechanism

-wireless
Look into the 433 MHz Rx and Tx pairs they are available for 250 each pair

i have a metal geared motor with 25000Rpm motors they give upto 15 kg/cm torque
are you sure? that torque at that speed is lethal if u successfully step down that motor you will get a super motor what is its current rating ? a link to the product ?

what type of wheel should i use smaller width(2 cm) or wider width (4 cm)

for all dynamics related questions refer to tha article provided ! if u dont understand something ask here i will answer

sudarshan
08-12-2011, 12:06 AM
so, I'm a sir now ?
Generally i used to call persons who know a lot more than i do as sir. if you dont like i will go back to friend

i have a metal geared motor with 25000Rpm motors they give upto 15 kg/cm torque
Sorry i confused a little bit and i had left a important word there "Base Motor RPM is 25000"
the link to it
http://robokits.co.in/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=186
robotkits always lie about few things they say the torque is 30 kg but its impossible.
from other stores i found it would be aroung 10 to 15 kg per cm

433 MHz Rx and Tx pairs
I dont have a idea how to link them to microcontroller to send and reciveve data.

i still got one more question with the drive system should i use 4 wheel differential drive or 2 wheel differential drive.

Thanks for the help

roopakjada
08-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Connecting and transferring the data from those modules should be easy google a bit and again
i still got one more question with the drive system should i use 4 wheel differential drive or 2 wheel differential drive.
That is a question related to robot dynamics and as previously told refer the article all of your questions have answers there ! anyway .. if u use a 4 wheel ( I'm guessing by 4 wheel u intend to use 4 motors ) it will mean that your robot will be twice as powerful

sudarshan
08-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the help
i will get back if i need help with any other stuff