PDA

View Full Version : Sensor DELLIMMA

Ashwin92
08-22-2011, 06:02 PM
i am currently working on a line tracer bot...and really confused which sensor to use...
PLEASE HELP..!!!
We are considering this bot to be taken for iit tech fest competitions so i "NEED" the "BEST" sensors possible....
please share experiences and help as soon as possible...

vikas
08-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Build this -

http://www.roboticsindia.com/entry.php/183-Competitions-Robotics-3-The-Build-and-a-Fast-Line-Follower-using-PID

It can beat most line followers in india easy. For more speed use maxon motors with higher power bridges. Also base the distance between sensors and wheels on the turning radius or your course. Make it like a dragster for even faster speeds and turns.

Ashwin92
08-23-2011, 06:53 PM
I need information about SENSORS....
ALL types....with merits and demerits....plzz help regarding sensors....for Line follower

Ashwin92
08-23-2011, 07:45 PM
our team has made a line following bot using LED+LDR sensors...
i need something better ...plz help...rply ASAP

lolman_returns
08-23-2011, 08:08 PM
*Dilemma (couldn't stop myself)

http://ikalogic.com/tut_line_sens_algo.php

Just keep in mind,

1. No one has the time to give you a comprehensive listing of all sensors , their pros and their cons.
2. If there was a sureshot sensor, there would be no competitions.
3. No one has the time to magically know what you already have.
4. If you dont have the time to properly state your problem, stick to google, works better.

Ashwin92
08-23-2011, 08:26 PM
m very sorry....new to this kind of site so....i never meant to be rude..newaz thnx a lot..
got some more problems....will post...soon

Ashwin92
08-23-2011, 08:45 PM
our team wants to take part in iit competition where therz line follower competition for white line on black surface...
our bot has LED LDR as sensors...
i want to try out other sensors but dont know whethr to go for ir sensors or led +photo diode sensors..
if i get link or something where detailed information is given i would b thankful....