PDA

View Full Version : Robot Competition

gshubham96
10-01-2011, 05:00 PM
I have to participate in this robotic competition but I am not able to quite understand what the problem statement is. Please help me with this.

<#> ROBOTHON

Venue: Old Yoga Room (Basement)

Rules

The goal of the contest is to make a robot that can operate successfully in the real world, not just in the laboratory. Such a robot must be able to operate successfully where there is uncertainty and imprecision. The judges/organizers reserve the right to subjectively determine weather a machine/team violates any of these rules.
Safety/Technical Specifications

1. The robot must be able to fit in a box of size 25cm x 25 cm x 20 cm in any orientation chosen by the participants.

2. If the organizers feel that the use of unmodified kits/toys gives an unfair advantage to any team, the team may be forced to make changes, given a time penalty to other handicap or may even be disqualified.

3. The robots may be wirelessly controlled or autonomous.

4. The machine name should be prominently displayed on the robots exterior.

Game play

1. The robot must navigate across an obstacle course containing multiple obstacles that may include slopes of upto 15 ascending and 25 descending.
2. The robots may be asked to run individually or in a group. The team with the lowest time wins.

Eligibility

All students of the school , from classes VI-XII are eligible. Students should form teams of 2 members. There may be a maximum of two teams per school.
All other information will be given on the day of the event.
The organizers reverse the rights to modify any of these rules and add more rules without any prior notice. Last date of entry will be 29th September 2011.

<#>

gshubham96
10-01-2011, 05:38 PM
So, basically, do we have to build a obstacle avoider robot but then how will it navigate through the course ?