PDA

View Full Version : Anybody bought anything from probots?

hotshot05
10-23-2011, 11:06 PM
Was surfing the http://probots.co.in website.
Was thinking about buying some stuff from them?
But before ordering, want to know if anybody here has first hand experience of the stuff that they make. Are the products of good quality?

vikas
10-24-2011, 12:50 AM
Yes i have ordered 2 - 3 time , no problems as such. Ive also recommended them and haven't heard any complaints.

Though the PCB service the delivery was delayed for me once.

vikas
10-24-2011, 12:50 AM
Yes i have ordered 2 - 3 time , no problems as such. Ive also recommended them and haven't heard any complaints.

Though the PCB service the delivery was delayed for me once.

hotshot05
10-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Thank you very much for your input.
Their prices are extremely competitive.

hotshot05
10-24-2011, 07:17 AM
^^
Do you know of any other site which has a product similar to this - http://probots.co.in/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67_88&products_id=411 ?
(It is a CP2102 based USB to TTL converter)
I want something based on the FT232RL. Does any Indian manufacturer sell such a product at a sane price like probots?

gshubham96
10-27-2011, 03:57 PM
probots is a good website and

Do you know of any other site which has a product similar to this - http://probots.co.in/index.php?main_...roducts_id=411 ?
(It is a CP2102 based USB to TTL converter)
search www.kitsnspares.com (kitsnspares.com)

d_gal_in_black
10-31-2011, 09:26 AM
or..may b tryout www.entesla.com. I attended a workshop where I used their ARM7 board.

hotshot05
12-05-2011, 10:46 AM
I have been trying to contact Probots via email id provided on their website and have received no replies at all. Also Pratheek has not logged into RI since November end.
Does anybody here have his contact number? Or is there any other way to contact him?

vikas
12-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Lately their service has gone down , I ordered something last week and am still awaiting shipping. I think they are facing scaling issues.

For now avoid buying ....

vikas
12-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Lately their service has gone down , I ordered something last monday and am still awaiting shipping. I think they are facing scaling issues.

For now avoid buying ....

hotshot05
12-05-2011, 11:01 AM
^^
That is a very bad news for me. :(
By any chance, do you have his contact number?
On this page -http://trade.indiamart.com/details.mp?offer=2189301948, a contact number is listed.
Ph - 9008620582

Have you tried calling this number? Is this his number?

hotshot05
12-11-2011, 08:33 AM
@vikas Have you received the products that you had ordered from him?

vikas
12-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Yes i did get it,just took more than a week. Usually it was overnight.

vrsolanki
03-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Yes i did get it,just took more than a week. Usually it was overnight.

I ordered on 13th march, 12, paid on 15th march 12 and till date, on 27th March 12 didn't got my goods and they don't even care for answering phone calls or mails... my order no. was 2170 and worth of order was Rs. 2890.

I think you must not be cheated with such online companies... please read reviews or such cases on http://www.complaintboard.in or on http://www.grahakseva.com/complaints/51151/no-delivery-of-goods-and-no-answers-on-mail-or-phone

Can anybody suggest how to stop such companies to accept money through us or how to get money back from them ?

shamikrudra
03-28-2012, 11:12 AM
I think problem is Currier company they are taking too much time to deliver. many times they are not updating tracking info. But company should always answer to there customer. thats why I have started Speed post taking 4 days max to reach any where in India.

vrsolanki
03-28-2012, 08:12 PM
I think problem is Currier company they are taking too much time to deliver. many times they are not updating tracking info. But company should always answer to there customer. thats why I have started Speed post taking 4 days max to reach any where in India.

Yes, i hope that's true but unfortunately, it's not true, they didn't provide me tracking code and DTDC is not such courier is sure. I found many other complains against them thru google also and it seems that my money is really gone and that's the only reason i have mentioned it in many forums so that other's money and time can be saved atleast; if mine can't !!!

They don't answer mails and calls is the most important thing and even after many many trials, after many days .... they must mention either exact time or they should mention on website that particular time is non-deliverable for them clearly on website, many good websites writes this things on their main order page.

shamikrudra
03-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Yes, i hope that's true but unfortunately, it's not true, they didn't provide me tracking code and DTDC is not such courier is sure. I found many other complains against them thru google also and it seems that my money is really gone and that's the only reason i have mentioned it in many forums so that other's money and time can be saved atleast; if mine can't !!!

They don't answer mails and calls is the most important thing and even after many many trials, after many days .... they must mention either exact time or they should mention on website that particular time is non-deliverable for them clearly on website, many good websites writes this things on their main order page.

This is the real problem if after payment someone not answering. if product is not available it should be told to customer
if there is any back order item it should be discussed with customer for lead time if not agree payment should be returned

I think good will and transparency are major things in business. that is why I have few but satisfied customer.
Hope for the best.

vrsolanki
03-29-2012, 07:28 PM
true, today i got my products with some missing parts, it is ok small parts may be forgotton and will brought it to notice them.... one part was out of stock and they told to deliver asap...

berryr
06-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Their prices are extremely competitive.

tapan_at_work@yahoo.in
08-07-2012, 02:03 PM
I may be too late to reply this post, But it will help other people to justify probots.co.in

I hade very very bad experience with Probos, not once but multiple times.

Finally i have stop dealing with them. actually ther are (Mr. Pratheek N.) not professional. they dont understand business. doing business and understanding the business module is very different. The donot pick up Business Phone calls, nither the reply to email.

In my last order the have delivered only the half of mterial, I had deposited money for RF Rx and TX of 10 pairs with HT12D and HT12E. but when i open the Box, it was having only 5 pairs of Rx and TX. after that I am trying every day, I make atleast 4 to 5 calls or an email. But it is almost 2 and half month, nither they are delivering the product nor replying my mail.

And before that the were not dispatching one of my order last year, near about an amount of 20,000.00 , when i mail to consumer forum and a CC to Mr. Prathek , then only they hade dispatch the goods, that is to uncompleted Order. this way they are chiting the online customer and not give any response to email.

I am not the only one, Before giving order to Probots , surf the net and collect the review of Probots, you will get many complaint against probots.

And Remember there are number of other online site where you will get better and cheper product then probots, actually probots is purchesing product from Mumbai and distributing with minimum margin( I dont want to say that probot is costly, rather they are resinable but chiting the customer).

If you need any material, surf the web and find out alternet to probots.

If you need help , I can try my best to help you, but avoid probots , otherwise you may suffer from mental presser.
best of luck

A Chetted Customer by probots.co.in

shamikrudra
09-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Placed an order and made payment also but no response order number is 3280. order status is still showing pending.
also found lots of complain on google search. now I am worried for my order. does anybody recently ordered from them??

pratik_1
09-06-2012, 01:26 PM
I had placed an order 3 months back....similar stuff...no response...just a confirmation email. The stuff showed up 2-3 weeks later...but in between no contact no ntn.

goodluck

ravi.tez
10-21-2012, 05:50 PM
Avoid buying from probot and robokits... really bad experiences. Off late I bought kit from entesla. They seem to respond well.

ruffryder
10-21-2012, 06:22 PM
ENTESLA?... havent heard of them?.. what is their website?

anir
12-24-2012, 01:49 AM
Hope frugal labs can help you all with good competitive products(we sell a arduino w/t atmega8 and ftdi for less than 600INR). Please visit our site and give us feedback for our products and help us to develop and help you better.

terminator14
01-15-2013, 12:51 AM
I have same experience. No email response. It is 7 days ago since order was done now I found this forum and I suspect I will have to wait very long time to receive items and some items could missing. My order number is 4298.

terminator14
01-27-2013, 08:54 AM
Its 20 days since and still nothing. I got not so long ago order status changed from pending into processing. This is all I got from the probots.in . No answering on emails no communication at all. Terrible mistake I done. Never buy at probots.in it seems the guys don't stock all (if any) product listed in their internet shop but they get this products from others and of course there sometimes comes the time the stock is not available and now I have to wait... That seems logical explanation like: having shop without the products in it and not checking regularly for stock updates... maybe I'm wrong maybe right? Just the idea. That's OK if the shop owner has products from third hand delivered and stock updated but professionally - right on time so we buyers don't know their system??! I never had shop in my life so I know little about it. But there are various systems..interesting I should run shop my self to really know about it.... just words of notice

terminator14
02-01-2013, 02:52 AM
Here is the update: Its 24 days since I completed order and finally I got the products ordered delivered by DTDC. I was pleasingly surprised of the package received. I ordered around 2500rs worth of the small components and parts, the package was excellent, the components received were nicely sorted and packed into special transparent wrapper the items were all in number and same as described on probots.in website. I send email to them saying that I will become regular buyer if they next time deliver more fast and some communication would not harm also. T hats is - just to notice.

ruffryder
02-07-2013, 12:19 AM
I still wouldnt buy from them ...its a known fact they are dead...almost

terminator14
02-07-2013, 03:42 AM
I just ordered parts from this site onlinetps.com and the guys have everything the others have and more and what is the best same day processed and despatched. I was surprised. Very very fast response. To notice!

lolman_returns
02-07-2013, 11:15 PM
As much as everyone on this forum despises the user onlinetps for his bad forum etiquette, onlinetps.com is one of the oldest online robotics/electronics parts store and much more experienced. It doesn't come to me as a surprise if their services are better than newer stores.

Disclaimer: This does not mean in anyways that I certify the quality of their products. I am not a customer so I don't know.

ravi.tez
05-08-2013, 02:29 PM
For discrete components and regular robotics parts its ok to buy from onlinetps. But if your going for electronics modules, development boards I would highly not recommend them.

kislay.osho
05-16-2014, 09:44 AM
I don't know how was probots.co.in in past , for me its been a terrible experience.

I ordered AVR programmer from their website. They sent me board without the micro controller. Forget about a programmed micro controller. And yes they charged same as it would have been with everything intact. On website CD and other utilities are mentioned but nothing came. Order was very much delayed.

They claim they work over low margins but i think they make money by malpractice.

No reply mail from them so far over my complaint. They charge via neft which cant be charged back. Malpractice it is. Had it been my credit card i would have placed a chargeback against the company. No refund policy.

Absolute terrible experience. Earlier i read good comments from here thought of going ahead with it. But now i recommend every one reading this comment please find good place to buy your deal, please check return policy. Never pay by NEFT where you cant charge back.

Hope one good genuine Low priced e-shop comes to India soon who sells embedded/electronics products/components.

-10 to Probots.co.in on scale of -10 to +10

Scam Fraud complaint must be reported

george79
05-27-2014, 06:32 PM
I order twice and the shipping was always delayed, yet the prices are pretty good, worth waiting for, also the quality was good

sachinkoli
10-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Bad Experience,
I've ordered some components worth Rs. 550 on 24/09/2014 and did payment on same day by bank transfer.
Next day i received confirmation email stating "We have received the payment for your order. We will dispatch your order shortly"
Till date there is no news. Neither he is answering phone calls nor he is replying to my emails.
Feels like cheated with this website.

rambeer
12-01-2015, 05:06 PM
hi guys ,
I have buy 8051 microcontroller (https://www.robomart.com/buy-8051-development-board-india) for college robotics Quiz and delivered within a week also a better quality Product.

rambeer
12-01-2015, 05:38 PM
You have to try from https://www.robomart.com/buy-8051-controller-development-board-price-india.I have already ordered from it .