PDA

View Full Version : Want to know about Wireless cameras

RoboGirl
12-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Hi,
I am planning to make a mobile controlled robot..

however the only application it has is to move forward backward and so on..

so i was thinking of directly mounting a wireless camera on it..(the one used for computers), cuz i wudnt knw how to code it...

so could you'll suggest whether wud it work like this ..is this a good option...

how much would a basic wireless camera cost me?
also apart from this..could you all suggets me with other basic applications that i can in corporate wit the mobile operated robot..

Thanx

roopakjada
12-15-2011, 09:25 PM
the best and cheapest option is to use a normal wireless camera that costs ~1500 and a wireless ps2 controller but remember the camera outputs NTSAC or PAL ( will work only with TV) not with a PC you will need a tv tuner card in case u want to use it on a PC. you can go for wifi cams but will cost more..

shamikrudra
12-16-2011, 09:48 PM
I had seen a wireless camera Rs. 750/- but don't know full specs only know it will work with TV.

RoboGirl
12-18-2011, 08:58 AM
I had seen a wireless camera Rs. 750/- but don't know full specs only know it will work with TV.

hey thanx..
do u know where did u see it ..any idea..

rao
12-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Robogirl,

As long as you wont process the video data, any wireless CCTV camera would work for you (You will find a dime a dozen at your local TV/video stores and even generic b/w ones.). All you need is a TV to display the video. But if you are planning on transmitting the video stream to a computer and do some sort of processing, you will need a frame grabber (h/w & s/w) with these CCTV ones (like the one Shamik mentioned). Then it becomes a wholly different ball game.

As far as I can see, you are not even sure of what you expect out of your robot. How about you first make sure what you want from your robot, write it down and then post on here a clear picture of the expected capabilities of your robot. Then we can discuss about feasibility and what not.

Rao.

rao
12-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Robogirl,

As long as you wont process the video data, any wireless CCTV camera would work for you (You will find a dime a dozen at your local TV/video stores and even generic b/w ones.). All you need is a TV to display the video. But if you are planning on transmitting the video stream to a computer and do some sort of processing, you will need a frame grabber (h/w & s/w) with these CCTV ones (like the one Shamik mentioned). Then it becomes a wholly different ball game.

As far as I can see, you are not even sure of what you expect out of your robot. How about you first make sure what you want from your robot, write it down and then post on here a clear picture of the expected capabilities of your robot. Then we can discuss about feasibility and what not.

Rao.

shamikrudra
12-18-2011, 11:12 PM
I will suggest you. if you want to control a robot by a cell phone then place an cell phone on robot. because camera mobiles are cheaper
other wise you have to make or buy ARM based board to process camera data.
Hope this will help you.

ashwin1224
12-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Hey, I see we are on the same boat!
Why dont you look to my thread, it will help you. I am basically working on the same thing, but I am focused on android OS.
http://www.roboticsindia.com/showthread.php/4012-Bitten-more-than-I-can-chew

wcgroboticslabs
06-29-2012, 05:13 AM
In Lajpat Rai Market, Old Delhi Its cost around Rs 1500

WCG Robotics Labs

andrewcell
02-14-2013, 10:19 AM
Robogirl,

Rao.

I agree with you. CCTV camera will work best. You can also use CCTV camera inside your project as your visual surveillance monitor to serve as your vision. You can see any location where ever your robot has been.

CCTV can be useful not only with your project but you can also use this for your home, office, lab or in any part of your vicinity. You can monitor a variety of environments and activities from one central point to another.