PDA

View Full Version : plzzzzzz its urgent ! maximum weight steppet motor can drive

vinay_bhat
05-12-2005, 01:43 AM
hello,
i found the stepper motor , Teac 14769070-30 in the electronic shop
he told its .5kg cm torque motor.

can it(2 motors, one for each wheel) drive a robot of approx 350 -400 gms.apart from its own weight.

plzzzzz reply soon. its urgent. :(

pkshima
05-12-2005, 10:13 AM
I am sorry I am not aware of that motor. Instead (assuming you havent bought the motors yet) I would suggest that you use DC motors for the drive. I use tape deck motors (rs 40 each) to drive my 1 kg + weight motors.
Add a gearbox to drive multi-kilo robots.
if you still want to use the motor you said, then add a gearbox to it.
its not wise to connect the motor directly to the wheels.

sumandeep1984
05-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Go through the RI forum....all (atleast newbie questions ..) are answered already....if ur a newbie...take some time to go through all the forums ur interested in...sure will help a lot

ketan
05-12-2005, 12:28 PM
yea it should ..... calculating that the wheels are 5 cm dia......and the total weight is 1KG..... and the coeficient of friction is .1 but there will always be a limit to the speed with steppers with such low torque ...coz the torque will go on reducing at higher rpm... try finding steppers with more torque, for that ull have to measure the resistance of the windings, less the resistance more current will be permitted......leading to more torque. motor heating everything else are later issues.

ketan
05-12-2005, 12:33 PM
also...don worry about coupling the stepper directly to the wheel.....they are made rugged....have sufficient shaft thickness and the shaft is supported on 2 ball bearings(most of the time). Also one good place to look for these motors is at the printer maintenance shop...
good luck with watever ur doin.

dan
06-27-2006, 06:03 PM
I don thing you can . Sorry. Wish you Good luck , But when i made a bot it din work out well.it couldn move the bot.

--Madan
http://invobot.tk

docel
06-28-2006, 12:30 AM
dan, read the dates before you post!!! You will be talking to yourself otherwise!

andriuha
07-13-2006, 12:28 AM
Can somebody help to control teac 14769070-30 ? I can't find any information about it. please help me.

docel
07-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Treat as any stepper. Use 5volts and change to 12v. If it gets warm, then it is 12v, Idf it is hot then 5v. If it burns out, then bad luck is <5v!!!

Any stepper is bipolar if 4 wires, unipolar if 5 or 6 wires. Only thing to know is step degree ( you can count when it works ) Voltage and poles.
The current is directly proportional to size. ( generally ) Because you wont even 'see' a small volume large current steppers, that easily!!

PersonaLLY, ITS A WASTE OF TIME ON THESE ANCIENT MOTORS....