PDA

View Full Version : Need help building a wire bending machine.

raghuvir
04-07-2012, 10:37 PM
397There's a lot of videos of 3d cnc wire bending machines on youtube. All these machines offer exceptional value as compared to the performance. However, my requirement is pretty basic and does not warrant buying a machine costing 25-30 lakhs. What I want to do is bend upto 6mm mild steel wire at a specified degree every time. The degree of bend will be determined by the rotation of the motor and should be settable to different positions. I'm sure that a servo motor will do the job, but have no clue which motor to buy, and also what other things I need with the motor. I'm a Hotel Management Graduate and have no electronics experience or knowledge. Any kind of help will be highly appreciated. I have a fabrication factory so the structure will be built by me and is pretty easy to build. Looking for a right person who can guide me in this project. A basic drawing of the wire bending machine is attached to this post.

vikas
04-08-2012, 03:53 PM
First thing you need to calculate the force required to bend the wire ? Once that is known you will need a motor and its controller. and the appropriate head for the motor will need fabrication.

What kind of bending is required , specifications would be helpful.

So for a start -

What king of bending ? Simple angles or curves and 3d ?
What is Torque required for bending 6mm ?
Is length based cutting required ?

raghuvir
04-08-2012, 09:06 PM
First thing you need to calculate the force required to bend the wire ? Once that is known you will need a motor and its controller. and the appropriate head for the motor will need fabrication.

What kind of bending is required , specifications would be helpful.

So for a start -

What king of bending ? Simple angles or curves and 3d ?
What is Torque required for bending 6mm ?
Is length based cutting required ?

I would love if it did 3D bending, but the cost would not justify the purpose, hence am looking to build a 2D bending machine for now. Simple angles is what I want it to do. Mostly 90 degree bends, but has to be capable of making bends from 1degree to 179 degree. As for the torque, I'm still trying to find out how to calculate that. Would probably take help from a engineer friend. I already have a wire straightening machine and a cut to length machine, so I will have the wires cut to length first and then bend them. Hope that suffices for now.

vikas
04-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Get in touch and calculate the torque required , as the force required decides everything .