PDA

View Full Version : Incircuit Programming

nchinoy
05-17-2005, 12:55 PM
Hi People,

Just wondering if any of you have built a serial incircuit programmer ... Can a generic one be made to program both ATMEL and PIC uC's ?

At the moment I have a FP8903 programmer which i am using to program my AT89S8252. I want to move on to the next version for more memory AT89S8253... But my programmer doesnt support it. When i asked Oriole people who officially supply ATMEL programmers, they said that an update was not possible on the exsisting one and they dont have a new programmer to support AT89S8253.... So i need something more simpler, since both these IC's are in-circuit programmable it will be really helpful... And as a matter of fact if ALE , PSEN and two more pins can be used as a seperate connector on the PCB then development time can be reduced drastically as you can code and debug quicker...

I also need to use some PIC (PIC16C73) for my next project so is it possible to have a generic programmer ?

Any reply is appriciated ...

Thanks,

Nimesh

sumandeep1984
05-17-2005, 02:05 PM
Go through the microcontroller forum topics....this has been answered previously

yogi
05-19-2005, 03:39 AM
for avr use

avrdude bsd programmer

for pic

ohonsoft pic programmer

Bibin John
www.bibinjohn.tk