PDA

View Full Version : Please help for my BTECH final year project

saishibu38380
07-04-2012, 11:58 PM
hello robotics india,
im new to this robotic field. experts please help me

so currently in to the final years of Btech. my project topic is "robot that will ride a bicycle"

so is there any one who did the same project?

i need to know the basic requirements.
earlier we planned with arduino atmega8. i need to source the required components too.

so guys out there please help me to end the project very successfully.

roopakjada
07-06-2012, 01:23 PM
hello robotics india,
im new to this robotic field. experts please help me

so currently in to the final years of Btech. my project topic is "robot that will ride a bicycle"

so is there any one who did the same project?

i need to know the basic requirements.
earlier we planned with arduino atmega8. i need to source the required components too.

so guys out there please help me to end the project very successfully.

you look like a beginner, forget it ! you need expertise to do it and also time definetly not an final year project!

saishibu38380
07-06-2012, 10:46 PM
you look like a beginner, forget it ! you need expertise to do it and also time definetly not an final year project!

i have time till February 2013. i have learnt arduino

lolman_returns
07-10-2012, 02:53 AM
@saishibu38380: What branch of engineering do you belong to?

Are you claiming that you have all the dynamics equations already figured out for this system and have already modeled this system (mechanical device-robot + cycle + ground) for control? Bang-bang control is not going to cut it at this level. Also, depending on the size of your robot, inertia, motor performance, etc. the number and quality of sensors, the quality of motors, the feedback loop delay would greatly come into play. As you are going to work on an academic project and not a hobby project, you would have to mathematically justify the use of each element on the robot. What are your thoughts on that?

You need to realize that this problem is very complex. If you are very confident that you would be able to finish it off by February, I wouldn't stop you.
But being more experienced than you, my duty is to inform you that the task at hand and the corresponding time at hand in your case will make your
life very very difficult.

Why don't you make your life easier and switch to something like a one wheel balancing robot based on an LQR controller. This is a classic inverted pendulum project and LQR controllers are reasonably complex. This is a reasonably difficult academic project and will give you a lot of exposure into control systems, dynamics and robotics in general.

pratik_1
07-17-2012, 02:29 PM
maybe instead of making it....u can do a simulation. If you are doing electrical or computer engineering...maybe u can take a small component of the problem and solve that.

Dont want to discourage you ...but it seems like a really hard problem for a final yr student

saishibu38380
07-17-2012, 02:39 PM
maybe instead of making it....u can do a simulation. If you are doing electrical or computer engineering...maybe u can take a small component of the problem and solve that.

Dont want to discourage you ...but it seems like a really hard problem for a final yr student

thanks pratik, im doing electrical engg.
and not there is some luck with us. there is a incomplete project that has the cycle and its driving mechanism . we just have to design the steering part.

saishibu38380
07-17-2012, 02:39 PM

thanks pratik, im doing electrical engg.
and there is some luck with us. there is an incomplete project that has the cycle and its driving mechanism . we just have to design the steering part.