PDA

View Full Version : Need knowledge..

everlearner2611
07-19-2012, 11:22 PM
i m looking to make a remote controlled robot which can also send video footage from a range of about a 100 metres. i have relatively less knowledge of robotics but i m good with electronic components.i have a made a line follower and a obstacle robot previously using atmega 16 microcontroller and gemini development board.i have the design of the bot.all i need to know is which development board and microcontroller wouls be useful.what sort of camera is required and also would c++ programming be suffiecient?
:)
any help would be aprreciative :)

pratik_1
07-20-2012, 03:20 PM
not sure what kind of application you are planning on using for your video feed, but u cud simply buy a wireless surveillance camera which would come with a receiver for your wireless video problem. And for your remote robot part....there are several robotic platforms available off-the-shelf.

In case you need a digital video feed, a wireless IP cam + good router + Laptop on the receiving end will do the job

everlearner2611
07-20-2012, 06:06 PM
ok so instead of using the application i can use a wireless cam with a reciever.so that cuts the application part.no coming back to remote robot part i didnt get u ? o_O

pratik_1
07-23-2012, 05:45 PM
search for robotic kits

everlearner2611
07-24-2012, 09:50 PM
sure thing.we have an electronics market in pune.pretty big.can i get there ? offcourse i wud be looking online :) thanx :)