PDA

View Full Version : Resources for Beginner's Electronics

kaatan
07-22-2012, 07:28 AM
Hello everyone, this is kaatan. A new member of roboticsindia.com with a question which I seek for a very long time. With good resource in Computer and Programming I've mastered Computing skills and Info Security (BTW I'm a Computer Science Student who is Admin of a under developing site). But I'm not satisfied with my skills and I wanted it to be extended for robotics. I knew that I need some Physics, but that is not a problem at all. All I need is a good book for beginners on Electronic devices, which will provide me with in depth explanation and easy to understand and do projects myself (I'm more enthusiastic to learn). Anyone with this resources similar to this please share with me or if you need any doubt or resources ask me ;)

vikas
07-22-2012, 09:05 AM
You need to build a robot and solve the problems you face. Thats the most fun and best way to go about it.

kaatan
07-22-2012, 09:27 AM
My purpose is not just to do robot toys to play with, but create new Electronic stuffs. That's why I ask about it.

pratik_1
07-23-2012, 05:38 PM
i think the days of a good book for something is sorta thing of the past...there are a few blogs or sites which might be able to give u more info and in a better way.

sparkfun.com - tutorials and other material on this site is awesome and interesting
instructables.com - pick and project and see how its made. ppl also put some ref papers or articles along with it
hack-a-day.com - again..pick a project and see how they explored it

hope this helps

kaatan
07-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Thanks Pratik.

lolman_returns
08-01-2012, 08:06 PM
My purpose is not just to do robot toys to play with, but create new Electronic stuffs. That's why I ask about it.

If you think all robotics is just building "toys to play with", maybe you should start looking at the world outside instead of being content with what you know.
Robotics is a mixture of mechanical engineering, electronics, software and control systems.