PDA

View Full Version : Digital camera & recognition of face sensors

boby
07-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Hello,everybody.I want to make a circuit using mikroC PRO for PIC V5.x and PIC18F452

so that I can identify and distinguish different persons from each others from a distance

about 50 centimeters or more by using a tiny digital camera and recognition of face sensor;

for example, identify John from Fred and for each of them trun on a specified LED in the

individual pins of PIC18F452 to show that we distiguished John from Fred,but at first

it should be saved the John and Fred face ID to recognize each of the at the next step

and the second.

Would you please help me for that?

Which digital camera and recognition of face sensor should I use?And how to interface

them into PIC18F452 and write a code for that?

Thanks, :confused::confused:

vikas
07-24-2012, 08:08 PM
On pic18f its not possible , you will need a controller with some real power. Also there is no off the shelf Face recognition sensor . You will get some libraries though.

For building a device -
Look into low cost linux computers with USB host and then cross compile v4l on them get images from supported webcam then do Face recognition. Raspberry pi is a good start.

Or you can do it on a PC :) .

boby
07-25-2012, 12:53 AM
Hello,Mr.vikas and thanks for your reply.If I want to make that,face recognition project,

just with microcontrollers,would you please introduce me a powerful microcontroller that is

proper for that project?

And would you please tell me; what is the Rasberry pi ?

Thanks,:confused: