PDA

View Full Version : PIC Axe!! What is AXE for ??

rao
07-30-2004, 12:12 AM
PIC AXE is the new rocking microcontroller on the block!!..

This is a microcontroller which claims that it can be programmed using Flow Charts!!

Also claims to be cheaper and targetted towards hobbyists and for educational researches

The link to its site is

http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/picaxe/

mandar
07-30-2004, 12:51 AM
well that site gives the price in pound sterling...

check www.phanderson/picaxe/picaxe.htm

that guy has the chips for under $10.. if delivered within US that is. so if any relative over there.. have fun....

mandar

happy_99
07-30-2004, 11:34 PM
There's also a compiler for PIC called WIZ-C (formerly PIXIE). It claims that you can write the code graphically !!! (For eg. you can wire a LED virtually to a pin and the compiler 'll generate the code for it.)

Chk this: http://www.fored.co.uk/Eindex.htm

Regds

happy_99

vikas
07-31-2004, 12:21 AM
Flowcharts ???

I have always been comfortable with assembly and C so flowcharts are a complete no for me . Anyway ever heard anyone made any thing who made anything complex in flowcharts :?: .....

mandar
09-10-2004, 08:37 PM
hi ppl..

i recently got the picaxe 18x chip from a friend in US... will try working on it now...

btw.. it has a pwmout command.. dunno if others have it..
but what it does is that it gives pwm o/p and this command keeps on running till another one is given with diff conditions..
since it runs in the background its amazing to control the motor..

hopefully this is something u dint know (otherwise the purpose of this post is lost nah :) )
have a doubt though.. can u give this pwmout command as input to a motordriver ic?

im thinking to make line follower using this..(remember that im a newbie)

what say?

mandar

dr0w
08-29-2005, 03:26 PM
hm, if you want to program graphically there are also different other options.
there is the Algorithm Builder for AVRs, it is something like a visual assembly, i dont like it though.
but if you want to combine power and versatility why dont you try Cypress's PSoC chips?
they have many hardware components built in, so they minimize expenses of external hardware, while retaining the speed, you can minimize your pcb using them, they can operate on as little as 1.5V + have a PSoC designer - a free IDE which enables you to set up your microcontroller and it's integrated hardware visually, and program it in assembly (there is option for C, but that isn't free).
take a look,
www.easypsoc.com/book