PDA

View Full Version : Want A Metal Worm Gear and Spur Gear set

ironhide
09-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Hi All I wanted to buy a worm gear and a spur gear set ... Its for a crane ... i will fix worm gear to my motor's Shaft and then use Spur gear to wound up the coil of the crane... Why i am doing this : well this way my load wont move once its lifted as worm will act as break . And i can get high torque (say torque of output motor already is 5KgCm then after using worm it will be multiplied by X and efficiency , x being gearing ratio ). So i can have large torque...

But i can,t seem to find any of these online or here locally in pune... Sites like Nex robotics have a plastic one ... which i am not sure will help me as i have to lift loads up to 8 KG ....

So do you know any site which has Metal worm gear : ...

Also i found this site : http://edubotix.in/product.php?item=MC02
but this seems very very costly... i wold have bought that if worm and spur both would have been available but this is pure conning... so please advice where to find such gear .... and there is no hurry so if you have got one available near you I am ready to pay for it :) ....

endlasuresh
09-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Price looks ok for that worm gear. Why not try with the plastic ones and if they break, then use metal Gears. The cost of metal gear would be more as it is hard to process them. look at the metal gear pitch and plastic worm gear pitch.
I have some contacts here will let you know the price. Let me know the size of worm and spur gear, I don't think that we will get Metal worm gears in shops.

ironhide
09-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Well i was taking this in perspective : A hand drill has (manual one) has 2 bevel gears and whole chuck and handle etc and it just costs 200 Rs ... so 700 for just worm is costly to me... well dimension of those plastic gears are perfect.. just wanted metal ones in the same dimensions.... any way dimension don't matter much until you try to hand me the drive system of old trucks :D , I can cope with +- 10 mm of this specification : Inner Dia : 6-8 mm, Outer Dia : 15 - 20 mm, pitch : +2 mm and a spur gear with 30 - 50 teeth to fit above worm...

I got to know wiper motors have them.... will look around for scrap yard and auto repair shops here in pune.

endlasuresh
10-18-2012, 07:59 PM
I had contacted to few known persons but at sizes are far away and they don't have such type of orders to manufacture those worm gears, Did you finded anything from scrap yard?

Alfredoo
10-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Well Have you tried google I think there must be so many options for you. Just try it once. Good luck

revaa
10-21-2012, 06:16 PM
I think you will get it at Nex Robotics

Alfredoo
10-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Well I would like to know, whether you have find the stuffs or not?

ironhide
10-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Hi All sorry for my absentee , Well could not find any thing from scrapyard ... anything they had was way bigger than what I required. So i ordered the plastic ones from Nex robotics ... these are quite good, though I always keep my fingers crossed . Now waiting for my Next salary to buy some other new stuff... :)

Alfredoo
10-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Okay, finally you have done great job to get all these stuffs. So, how much time it will take to get delivered ?

ironhide
10-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Okay, finally you have done great job to get all these stuffs. So, how much time it will take to get delivered ?

It depends on Courier ... DTDC took 5 hooping days to get things from Mumbai to Pune.. Blue dart could have delivered earlier... I also bought there Side Shaft heavy Duty motors . Its quite good.. Now next aim is to get an all terrain robot made up .. Hey can we make our own milling machine (Small one) ... Has anyone in India done it ?
I really really am missing all that resources available in college.....

nitish007kumar005
10-27-2012, 12:39 AM
if any of u guys come to read this plzzz contact me i am newbie here and want to add some friends to have fruitful discussion with them about robotics
sorry friends if any of u did not like my interruption but i needed to communicate on large scale

endlasuresh
10-27-2012, 09:54 AM
It depends on Courier ... DTDC took 5 hooping days to get things from Mumbai to Pune.. Blue dart could have delivered earlier... I also bought there Side Shaft heavy Duty motors . Its quite good.. Now next aim is to get an all terrain robot made up .. Hey can we make our own milling machine (Small one) ... Has anyone in India done it ?
I really really am missing all that resources available in college.....
Yes there are some people did it, but you can't find good motors in India.

Alfredoo
10-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Yeah of course you can make your own milling and I don't have any information whether from India anyone has done it or not? In which college you are studying ?

ironhide
10-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Well Study time is over... I currently work in a software firm... anyway found this link has some good materials to study for personal mill...

http://beatty-robotics.com/tag/aluminum

endlasuresh
11-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Well Study time is over... I currently work in a software firm... anyway found this link has some good materials to study for personal mill...

The spindle was perfect but where we can get in India ? any online or offline shops?

Alfredoo
11-06-2012, 05:45 PM

Well it is really good to listen that you are on work, but don't forget to share about your creation if you are developing any robot.