PDA

View Full Version : Revisit : "Paid Hacker Space"

Mish
11-27-2012, 09:03 PM
Dear Ri,

I am a new member here and wish to introduce myself before going further. I hail from IAF (Test Pilot), with a stint as a scientist with DRDO. Have been an enterpreneur since 2000, looking at military simulation and systems. This year, moved out to a new venture looking at civil side of things, with a wish to reach out to the young (and not-so-young) lot through hands-on practice, in simulation and mechatronics areas. I am located in Bangalore.

I am toying with the idea of setting up an environment for people (students or otherwise) to be able to develop stuff on their own or as teams. A club-like environment, which will have basic equipment (like a mini-mill, mini-lathe, scope etc) and space.

I am looking forward to connecting with people from Bangalore to get their views and their willingness to participate as mentors and members.

I am also looking forward to views of all Ri members on this subject. I have read through an old thread (Paid Hacker Space)....would like to know if such a setup has been undertaken by anyone and their experience.

Happy Robotics

- Mish

vikas
11-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Docel on this site has something similar , search for bangalorerobotics , get in touch.

pratik_1
12-04-2012, 04:50 AM
thats awesome Mish. We had a setup like this in Baltimore...where there for a very nominal maintaince charge (like $5/hr) to use the machines. It was a great place to hangout and talk to like minded ppl. I am happy to see something like this comeup in India and kudos for planning to do it. Unfortunately I am based in Mumbai, but would love to visit whenever I am in Bangalore next.